chapter forty: coming back

"𝕃𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕖, 𝕠𝕟 𝔾𝕠𝕕, 𝕟𝕠 𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕚𝕟' 𝕞𝕖"

✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾
Genevieve
We haven't talked in a long time. I've given up hope. I know it was stupid of me not to tell Quinn to open the box myself, and possibly explain myself, doubts took a huge toll on me though.

What else was I supposed to do about him? This was my last attempt. It had been obvious since he stopped texting me after our meet up, to be honest he barely even texted me in the first place.

I took time to get myself ready for work, I had woken up earlier than usual.

It felt like a refresh. He obviously had moved on, and it was my turn to do so. Making myself look presentable for work had me feeling that way.

I put on a grey UBC crew neck and paired it with some jeans. I spend an unusually long time doing my hair into a bun, and putting my light makeup on.

My bedroom was so silent that my breathing echoed through the four walls. It sounded empty, just like my soul. Dark I know right?

I cringe at myself as I think about that, and just decide to stop thinking about him, and start focusing on the long work day ahead of me.

I walk out of my room, and find the house to be silent. Everyone's doors were closed, so I took a mental note to be as quiet as possible while making myself some breakfast.

I toast a piece of bread and put some sliced up avocados on it, and eat by myself at the counter. The room was lit up by the early morning sky.

After I finish, I place my plate down near the sink and grab my work bag. I needed to leave in a few minutes.

Here's to the start of another boring fucking day..

I sit on the couch, enjoying my last few free minutes.

I remember that I haven't talked to Eva in a long
While, so I decided to text her and catch up. She responds right away, and it dumbfounds me because she is never up early. The time zone difference is crazy, it's probably about four in Vancouver. When we would skate she refused to get up for practices so I always had to drag her out of the door.

G ❤️
girl we seriously need to get better at keeping in contact with each other 😭🙏🏼

Ev 💙
you're so right omg

G❤️
why are you up right now ?

it's odd..

Ev 💙
Kayde is taking me up to Whistler

fun lil outing 😝

G ❤️
Awwww sounds fun

Ev 💙

what's been up with you? Anything interesting?

G❤️
Girl I have to send a whole ass voice memo for this ok.. hold on
|-|-|-|-|-|—|-|-|-|-|•  1:24