chapter twenty eight- late night talking

"𝕚𝕗 𝕀 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕝𝕒𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖, 𝕨𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕚𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕞𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕..?"

✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾

The lake house has been a dream, and I've only stayed there for one night. I dread the night that I leave for British Columbia again. On the plus side, Quinn is flying back with me so it won't be too bad.

I have made friends with both of Quinn's brothers, they seem like decent guys.

Jack can be a little bit of a dickhead, but if you look behind that, he's friendly and someone I can talk to.

It was night time in the Hughes' lake house, everyone had gone to sleep, even Ellen and Jim.

The grand living room was quiet, except for the  whir of the wind outside, and the ceiling fan. Every small noise that I make turns into an echo.

I had my reading light and was enjoying a novel.
Sometimes it was nice to just read in the dark, it just alone with some peace and quiet.

I could see the bright white snowflakes fall onto the patio floor, and it made me feel warm inside because this time of the year just is... cozy.

I was having trouble focusing on the book though. My thoughts were going all over the place. Quinn.

Quinn Quinn Quinn

I want to be his girlfriend. I can't stand all this curdling, and sleeping together knowing if this thing is going anywhere.

He is upstairs. You can literally walk a few feet and talk to him.

I mean why not, I won't wake anyone up.

Unless he yells at me.

Let's just do it.

Making up my mind, I put my book down onto the sofa, and turn off the small light.

I walk silently, barely putting each foot down on the hardwood floors.

The stairs creaked as I went up them, making me hold my breath hoping I hadn't disturbed anybody.

Finally I get to the top. I smell the scent of Ellen's candles. Cinnamon with a twist of vanilla. The carpet on the landing goes through the whole hallway, so I wouldn't have to worry about being loud.

I pass my door, and wish I was going to sleep in the mass of soft blankets. My head craved the many fluffy pillows.

I continue to walk and approach his door.

I held my hand at the knob, almost turning around, but my mind yells at me to stay out and do what I need to do.

I open the door swiftly and the room is dark, but the dim light from the hallway creeps in allowing
Me to see my way to him.

He was sleeping soundly on his stomach, face to the side with his arm reached out to the side straight out on the double bed mattress. He didn't move at all, and didn't even snore.