chapter twenty seven- another day

"𝔻𝕣𝕠𝕡 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕟𝕠𝕨, 𝕞𝕖𝕖𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕟. 𝕂𝕚𝕤𝕤 𝕞𝕖 𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕨𝕒𝕝𝕜, 𝕥𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕒𝕨𝕒𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕒𝕚𝕟"

✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾
Gen

"Here's your room." Quinn says to me. He leads me into a clean, gorgeous spacious bedroom that faces the trees and the lake outside.

"Oh my god-" I say in disbelief, how can a house be so luxurious and homey?

"You guys didn't need to let me stay in this room, uh- like I'm fine staying on a couch." I babble.

"Gen, it's seriously no worries, we all have our own bedrooms. This is just the guest room: my mom always makes it look very nice." He explains.

I take a few steps in and place my carry-on bag onto the bed gently. Quinn follows and sets my suitcase near a white wood dresser.

"What if I want to sleep with you?" I give Quinn puppy eyes mocking him.

"I'm just down the hall, unless you want me to sleep in here with you." He rubs the back of his neck with a soft smile.

"I think I'll try this room out for a night, see how it feels." I say.

I turn away from the door and gush over the beautiful view that I have. I can go to sleep with it, it's too good to be true.

I take a few steps and flop myself onto the bed. My limbs lay on the mattress limp.

"This is so comfortable oh my god." I yawned. "Makes me want to fall asleep on it."

Quinn steps closer to the bed and lies down on it with me.

"Honestly same, it's been a long day.." he explains. I give him a look of concern.

We straighten ourselves up and get under the covers.

I yawn again, and notice that he is really, really close to me. It gives me a sense of safety.

We get comfortable and I guess comfortable meant almost no room in between our bodies.

And before you say anything, no we aren't hooking up, we are just cuddling.

He wraps his arms around my waist, and before I feel my eyes close, I kiss him on the cheek. He gets silently flustered and I watch his cheeks turn red.

"You are so cute when you blush." I speak softly.

"I could say the same thing about you." Quinn replies and pecks a kiss on my lips.

My eyes fully close leaving me with that cute lasting memory.

———

I open my eyes and reach over to find Quinn, but instead feel an empty mattress.

I mumble and try to wake myself up to see why was going on.