chapter four: the aftermath

the game went good. Our school won and as usual, the crowd was in a good mood.

I was so proud of Kayde, he scored the game winning goal against Calgary.

I could see a bright smile on his face as he got onto the bench. Like the friend I was, I waited for him at the front.

Eva stood with me because she was waiting for Landon to get out of the dressing room as well.

"Landon looks so hot in hockey gear." Eva says to me while looking through his instagram posts.

"I know I shouldn't be saying this at all, but Quinn looks extremly hot in that suit he was wearing.." I reply.

She rolls her eyes. "I'm not going to bother telling you that he is dating someone."

"Oh, don't worry I've been told too many times now. I am not flirting with him."

She opened her mouth to talk when the guys start flooding out of the hallway from their dressing rooms.

Eva sees Landon and they walk away together.

In front of me is a blonde girl and she looks to be texting a guy. I'm actually close enough to see that she's being flirty with him.

Then I see Quinn looking handsome as ever walk out and look at me. His brown eyes pierce my heart. He starts waking in my direction. Although, he stops at the blonde girl in front of me and pulls her into a hug.

I wanted to leave right there. That was his girlfriend. I didn't want to watch any of that.

Thankfully, at that moment, Kayde saw me and was walking over to me.

As I start walking towards him, I brushed past Quinn and the girl. I knew he was looking at me.

"Why are you looking at her?" I hear the girl ask Quinn snarkily as I walk away.

"Hey," Kayde says to me. Feeling emotional as hell, I pull him into a hug. He doesn't smell suprisngly and I just whisper in his ear. "Can we get out of here?"

"Sure yeah, whatever you want."

As we walk away, I really make it clear to myself that Quinn Hughes is off limits to me.

We get into his car. I don't know why, but I couldn't hold my emotions in any longer. Tears spill out of my eyes.

I didn't let the emotions last for long, We didn't have anything going on. Hell, I wasn't even his friend yet here I am crying over a guy I barely know.

"Soo, what's up?" Kayde asks me after a excruciating long silence.

"Oh nothing, just saw Quinn and his girlfriend." I say quietly.

"Oh Gen, I told you not to get attached in any way." He replies.

"you just told me that he had a girlfriend K, I don't know how or when I have gotten attached to this guy."

_________________________________________________________________________

I now lay on mt dorm room with Kayde on my bed. Laying there like a depressed potato watching The Office.

Seeing Jim and Pam try to hide their love for eachother makes me extra sad. The shenanigans of Michael and Dwight make me feel better though.

As I flopped down on my bed, my heart still heavy from seeing Quinn with his girlfriend, I couldn't shake off the disappointment. I turned to Kayde.

"Life sucks," I sighed, my voice filled with a mix of frustration and longing.

Kayde  looked up from his phone, concern evident in his eyes. "What's going to make you feel better Gen?

" It just... it hurts, you know?  I wa Satan sing behind her and she was texting with someone that wasn't Quinn. She was being flirty."

Kayde moved closer, offering a comforting hug. "I understand, Gen. It's tough when feelings don't align. But don't forget, there are plenty of amazing guys out there who would be lucky to have you."

Sniffling, I managed a weak smile. "Thanks, Kayde I needed to hear that." Not even paying attention to what I was doing, I found myself leaning  closer and closer to Kayde. His eyes went from my lips to my eyes. Our lips connected.
We moved in sync.
I pulled away, but an idea sparked in my mind. "You know what, Kayde Let's have a movie night right here in our dorm. We'll order pizza, and have a movie marathon. It'll be perfect."

Kayde's eyes brightened at the suggestion. "I'm up for that. I know we'll end up watching the office all night though.."

With renewed excitement, Kayde and I began  stocking up on snacks. The dorm room soon transformed into a cozy haven, filled with laughter and joy.

As the night progressed, I found myself laughing and enjoying the company of Kayde. The pain of seeing Quinn with someone else started to fade away, replaced by the warmth of friendship and the realization that my happiness didn't solely depend on one person.

In that moment, I realized that life was full of unexpected twists and turns, and sometimes, the best way to heal a semi broken heart  was to surround yourself with the love and support of those who truly cared.

And so, in that tiny dorm room, my heart began to mend, one laugh at a time. For now at least.

Before I went to bed, my mind replayed the events from the night.

Watching The Office with Kayde was fun. Laughing at him when he didn't get the that's what she said jokes was amazing. Then I kissed him.

wait a damn minute. I kissed him?

It was in the heat of the moment, I was lonely. I knew I shouldn't have done that.

It was a mistake.

We had my laptop off at that point. I knew he was awake.

"I'm sorry for kissing you.. It was a mistake." I whispered.

"I knew you were lonely. Don't stress about it."

I smiled and eventually I headed off to sleep.

—————————————————————————-
A/N

So do you guys like it so far? It's really just the start lol.