Chapter 3: Dark Roc

"Wake up..." A voice echoed. "Wake up, Mikazuki Yukihara..."

The teacher replied with a groan and slowly opening his eyelids. He rose up from the floor to a sitting position and rubbed his eyes. He stretched his arms out with a loud yawn and looked to his surrounding.

His eyes immediately widened in shock, and he immediately stood up the moment he found out that he's no longer inside his apartment. Instead, he's in an endless void that swirling in darkness.

"Where am I? How did I get here?" He uttered.

"You're in an Inner Space." The same voiced answered, startling Mikazuki. "A temporal field within an Ultra where space-time is warped."

Mikazuki turned around to the source of the voice. He yelped and backed away in response to see a blue colored humanoid figure standing before him. A complete opposite to the void around him, Mikazuki noticed that the person in front of him is emitting a gentle bright light.

"Who... who are you?" Mikazuki asked nervously.

"I'm Hikari... Ultraman Hikari from Nebula M78, the Land of Light." The person introduced himself.

"Ultraman..? M78..? The Land of Light..? Are you some sort of... alien?"

"No, we're a giants, giants of light."

"Okay..." Mikazuki said unsurely" I have so many question and yet I don't know where to start."

"I understand." Hikari nodded. "How about we start from your origin?"

Mikazuki perked up. "My origin?"

"Mikazuki Yukihara... you're not an Earthling."

The man flinched in response and before he could even protest, Hikari swiped his arm to the side and revealed a holographic image of the jet black giant that's resembling with the one from Mikazuki's dream. The different is this giant has a figure like monster with three different faces.

"This giant.." Mikazuki uttered.

"His name is Dark Lucifer, the Dark God of Destruction." Hikari introduced. "Mikazuki Yukihara, this is who you were... and I brought you back."

Fear immediately consumed Mikazuki. Just by hearing his title, Mikazuki could tell that this giant is a walking disaster. He's about to protest again but suddenly, he got himself a headache and memories of his origin began to flood into his mind. He recalled his former twisted personality, his cruelty on every planet in the universe and finally, his death after the battle againts his original counterpart Ultraman Noa.

Mikazuki panted in panic by the revelation but soon, he managed to regain his composure.

"Why...? Why did you bring me back... despite knowing what I did to the universe..?" Mikazuki asked Hikari.

"Have you ever looked up to the stars, Mikazuki?" Hikari asked back.

The man confused a bit by the sudden question but after contemplating it for a moment, he finally understood what Hikari is implying.

"Light requires Darkness to shine.. And Darkness requires Light to exist..." Hikari quoted. "Despite their opposing nature, they need each other."

"Ying and Yang.." Mikazuki uttered.

Then, he looked down to his hand while reminiscing the sensation for being a giant. However, he soon realized that he was weaker than before.

"The form I took... was it my devolve appearance like Noa's?" Mikazuki asked.

"After Ultraman Noa defeated you, some of your fragments managed to find their way into my home world. I collected them and began my attempt to bring you back." Hikari narrated. "I managed to extract the Space Beast components in your DNA and replaced them with Darkness by converting Light energy. However, it resulted to devolve you from your original form. And thus, Dark Roc born."