Chapter 20: Upcoming Nightmare

It's time to announce the winner of this year festival. The performers of each schools gathered up on the stage while the judges are collecting the polls. They're all nervous wreck, but a certain teacher of Raizen is the worst of all since he's pulling his handkerchief from between his teeth while shrieking. The first two category had already announced and now, it's time for the performance.

Senjo University High School took the 3rd place, Raizen took the 2nd and Rindouji took the 1st place. The Fraxinus crew, the SPU, Tatsuo and his folks groaned in displease for the results.

"Don't give up just yet." Mikazuki called. "They haven't announced overall rankings."

Yoshino gasped. "Does that mean?"

"Yeah. There's still hope."

They returned to their seat while waiting in anticipation and the same nervousness. Mikazuki returned to bite his handkerchief until it torn apart. He's startled in result and immediately prepared a new one.

"The first place in the overall ranking is..." The judge gave a slight pause for the anticipation. "Raizen High! Congratulations!"

The light shone the Raizen group, and the audiences roared out in excitement. Mikazuki and his folks are the most excited one, and the teacher immediately taking pictures like a paparazzi.

"How cool is that?! My kids are awesome! Look over here please!" He cheered in overexcitement.

"Raizen High's Reverse Gender cafe got an outstanding number votes among the booths due to their uniqueness and gags, which bumped them up past Rindouji into first place!" The judge explained.

"You and your crazy idea, Mika!" Tatsuo panted in exhaustion.

"Izayoi-san' performance is worthy of the first place because she put everything into those songs. In a high school level, she's definitely stand on top." Mikazuki explained, catching their attentions. "However, she's relying too much on that one talent and herself that she forgotten that the victor of this competition is determined by the 3 categories."

"So her own talent became her own downfall, huh?" Mana smirked.

"Hai. And unlike her, Shido-kun has someone to rely on. Out in the world, there's a limit to a single person't abilities." Mikazuki stated before smiling to his friends and colleagues. "Everyone, I'm so glad that I met you all. My life has become much more interesting and entertaining ever since then."

They all smiled warmly at Mikazuki while quietly reminiscing the time they spent together despite his antics. He's not just a dark giant who fight to protect or a passionate teacher who love his occupation. He's a one of a kind friend.

"Sheesh. A lesson all of time?" Artemisia remarked with a smirk.

"Nuruhuhuhu. Now's the time for this lesson." Mikazuki grinned. "An educator never misses an opportunity to teach."

Back in the stage, the Raizen girls are having a small celebration for their victory while Miku is flabbergasted and disbelieved by the results.

"This can't be happening..." She quietly uttered. "What is going on? There's no way I could lose. I am.. I am Miku Izayoi!"

"Ara, ara. You think you can fool everyone with your popularity alone?" Kurumi confronted Miku with a sly smirk. "You used everything from your sleeves. Your voice, your power, even cheating by putting my friends under your sweet spell and yet, you lost by an overall ranks."

Miku glared Kurumi with hatred and disbelieved that she has the nerve to say all of that in her face.

"What a sore loser. Nuruhuhuhuhu." Kurumi giggled behind her hands, and Miku's eye twitched in annoyance.