Chapter 24: Aftermath

Mikazuki is found walking around the housing the complex, heading toward Tatsuo's home with his family. It's been years they hadn't seen each other due to Mikazuki's job as a teacher.

Ever since his achievement from his first class was heard, he was requested in many places across Japan. One of them is the prestigious school in the heart of Tokyo, the Hope's Peak Academy where students with variety of talents gathered up.

Mikazuki entered a park area where he found it empty. However, he suddenly made an abrupt stop in shock when he spotted a child laying on a bench who is resembling someone he knew from the past.

He rushed to the boy and kneeled down to him in worry manner. He gasped sharply to see the young boy is looks alike with his friend Shinji Takamiya. However, for some reason, he could tell that this boy is not Shinji despite his appearance.

The boy let out a soft groaned, and his eyelids slowly opened. He lifted his body up to a sitting position with a drowsy face. He blinked his eyes a couple of times and as soon as he regained his vision, he's startled to see an adult stranger staring at him. He backed away  from Mikazuki in fear, and the adult showed his concern

"Wh- who are you..? What do you want..?" The boy stuttered.

"I-it's okay.. I'm not going to hurt you." Mikazuki said in reassurance. "My name is Mikazuki Yukihara. I'm a teacher."

"Teacher..."

"What's your name, kid?"

"I..um.." The boy looked away  in confusion. "I don't have a name."

Mikazuki gasped softly in shock. "Oh.. my apologies-"

The boy suddenly lost consciousness and as he's about to fall from the bench, Mikazuki immediately caught him in a blink of an eye. He looked closer to the boy and noticed that his features are completely the same with Shinji when Mikazuki met him. Then, a growl from the boy's stomach snapped him out of his trance

"I wanted to make a surprise, but it can't be help." Mikazuki reached out his phone and dialed a number. "I hope he likes to have another member in the family."

-Ω-

The boy has been taken to a hospital for his malnutrition. He's currently on the bed all alone in a sitting position while looking through the view from the window. Mikazuki is currently outside the room by the door with Tatsuo, Haruko and infant Kotori on her embrace.

"The doctor said that there are absolutely no records on his birth of relatives anywhere in Japan. He's a complete blank slate." Mikazuki informed.

"How about name?" Tatsuo asked, and Mikazuki shook his head in displease.

"Poor child." Haruko said in worry. "He must be all alone in the street without knowing anything."

Tatsuo leaned to Mikazuki's ear. "He has nothing to do with Shinji and Mana, right?"

"I doubt it." He replied. "If he had a kid, there's no way he'll ditch his own."

"True." He backed away. "Now what? Are you going to take care of him?"

"That's the reason why I called you guys here. To take him in."