Chapter 5: The Lone Girl

"Alright, that concluded our study session for now." Mikazuki stated.

"What a relief." Tohka dropped herself onto her desk.

The two are now inside an empty school building while all students are already went back home. They just finished their study cram session as the sun is about to set.

It was quite a struggle to convince Tohka to join his after school cram session since the girl is very attach to Shido for unknown reason. However, a bribe in a form of food eventually managed to convince the transfer student.

"Now then, as I promised, I'll reward you with my pudding!" Mikazuki informed, resulting the girl to rise back up.

"Really?!" Tohka smiled as her hair ribbon twitching.

"Wait for me at the rooftop. I'll get the pudding."

"Yosha!"

She's about to sprint away, but Mikazuki caught her by the back of her collar clothes.

"Tidy up your books, please." Mikazuki pointed at the books on her desk.

With a nervous smile, Tohka nodded in acknowledgment and began to tidy her mess.

Mikazuki headed to the teacher's lounger and headed to his desk. He kneeled down and opened his drawer to see a small ice box. With a smile, he pulled out the box and made his way to the roof. Upon he found his student by the railing, admiring the view as her hair flowing by the evening wind.

"Yatogami-san." Mikazuki called, and the girl turned her attention to him. "Shall we have pudding together?"

The girl smiled brightly before nodding in acknowledgement. The two headed to a lone bench and took a seat next to each other. Mikazuki opened up the ice box, and both he and Tohka looked into the box filled with puddings in awe. They picked their favorite flavor and then put their palms together.

"Itadakimasu!"

They proceed to enjoy their cold meal together and hummed in joy the moment the flavor touched their tongue. Tohka is about to take a big scoop, but Mikazuki managed to stop her.

"Eat it slowly and savor the taste. It'll prolong the enjoyment." Yuta advised with a caring smile.

"H-hai.." Tohka nodded.

She did as she was told and as Mikazuki instructed, Tohka could enjoy the flavor in her mouth much more.

"You can never get full from pudding, right, Sensei?" Tohka cheered.

"Yes, indeed. One day, I'd like to try jumping into a huge pudding larger than myself." Mikazuki stated. "Although, I can't do that because I have no money."

Tohka nodded in understanding and a hum.

The two continued to eat the pudding in silence and enjoyment till there's nothing left inside the ice box. Tohka is truly a glutton while her teacher has a sweet tooth.

"By the way, Yatogami-san." Mikazuki called. "You seem very close with Itsuka-kun. Have you two met before?"

Tohka nodded. "Shido saved me from loneliness."

"Loneliness?"

"For some reason, people reject me." Tohka said with a hint of sadness. "They said I deserved to die."

"What a horrible thing to say."

"But, it's okay. All of that are now in the past thanks to Shido." Tohka smiled. "He even asked me out for a date."

"Nuruhuhuhuehehehe..." Mikazuki chuckled in amuse manner. "He's truly one of a kind."

Tohka nodded in agreement. "Does Sensei know Shido, too?"