Chapter 28: Maō-Jū

Kaiju alarm once again rang out through the city, and the civilians are heading to the nearest shelter.

Ryuji immediately headed to the briefing room where his Wizards, including the one from DEM are waiting for orders. He tapped into his Ipad to send information into the monitor behind him

"6 Kaijus. Codename; Zetton, Gatanothor, Pandon, Majappa, Grand-King and Basser." Ryuji informed as the Kaijus' names appeared on the monitor. "Scan indicated that the weather anomaly are caused by them. We don't know how or why, but our mission is clear. Eradicate them before they cause more damage in the city."

A notification from his Ipad alerted him. He fiddled with the device and showed an image of the infamous Spirit standing on top of a building while holding Dark Ring on her hand.

"Nightmare.." Origami uttered in shock.

"This is completely out of character of her." Ryuji commented. "Usually, she hunts in discreet instead of full blown destruction."

"Does it matter?" Jessica chimed in. "Spirit is a walking catastrophe, and it's our job to eradicate them."

Ryuji smirked at the woman in amusement. "Alrighty then, DEM transferees will take it from here."

The AST Wizards are shocked and confused by his order. Ryouko is about to protest but a simple hand gesture from his superior, she stopped herself from doing so.

"The DEM has transferred us 4 new Peacekeepers with a hive of Bandersnatches." Ryuji glared Jessica with a smirk. "Don't waste them."

And without a further ado, the transferees suited up for the battle before flying away with the Bandersnatches and the Peacekeepers. Ryuji and the AST Wizards watched them leave for the mission, and the base commander immediately walked away.

"Where are you going, sir?" Ryouko asked.

"Hm?" Ryuji looked back before wondering. "Hmm.. to the bathroom."

"At a time like this?"

Ryuji headed inside the bathroom and picked a cubicle before locking himself inside. He transformed into Juggler, and he looked into the chaos through Beelzebub with a smirk.

"Sorry, Camearra-san. But this need to be done..."

-Ω-

"What the hell is he doing?!"

Artemisia is currently in the command room in the underground base with the ship crew and the SPUs, and she's disbelieved to see 6 Maō-Jū appearing in the same time. The automatic cannons are firing their volleys, but it did nothing to them as they're ripped away from their station.

She doubted that this is Westcott's doing since the last battle took a huge toll on him, so the last person who would pull this stunt was none other than Juggler himself.

"Artemisia?" Ellen called.

"These Kaijus are known as Maō-jū, a personifications of Earth's elements given life as monsters by the power of the original Maō-Jū, Maga-Orochi." Artemisia informed. "Maga-Zetton, the light lord monster. Magatanothor, the darkness lord monster. Maga-Pandon, the fire lord monster. Maga-Jappa, the water lord monster. Maga-Grand King, the earth lord monster. Maga-Basser, the wind lord monster."

"I'd scanned their energy signatures, and it appears that they all are causing this weather anomaly." Maria informed.

"That's Maō-jū for you. They are stronger that any regular Kaijus." Artemisia stated. "Maria, what's the ETA for Peacekeepers?"