Chapter 8: Peace with the Past

The sun is setting down, coloring the sky orange. Kurumi is now skipping on the street while humming cheerfully before moaning.

"Oh, no. I should be more patient." She said to herself. "I'm saving the fun for-."

Before she could even finish, a man bumped into her. She moved back away from him before two more men joined in and circled her around. Judging from their loses attire, they are delinquents.

"Oh, I'm awfully sorry about that." She sincerely apologized.

"Hey, hold on, little lady." The man who bumped her called. "You bumped into me. An apology is not gonna cut it."

"Hot damn, this girl is cute!" One of them commented.

"What's your name? Let's hang out!" Another one requested.

"Ara ara~." She commented before smirking. "Could it be that you want to get it on with me~?"

"Get it on!? Damn, she's forward!"

"You catch on quickly. I like that."

"Are you into that kind of thing?"

"Well, as much as anybody else." She clarified. "Other people can see us here. Come this way."

"Excuse me."

Kurumi and the delinquents  turned their attention to the source and found Mikazuki wearing a Tengu mask on his face.

"I'd like you three to leave the girl alone." Mikazuki asked politely.

"Huh? Who do you think you are?!" One of the man demanded.

"I am but a humble teacher of hers, and it is my duty to protect her."

"A teacher, huh? What makes you think you can handle us three?!"

The delinquents sprinted at Mikazuki with a war cry. One swung his pocket knife, but Mikazuki grabbed his wrist and kneed his guts, and he fell on his knee and dropped his knife. Another one went for a punch, only to be redirected to his friend. He knocked down the last two delinquents by bashing their heads together. And finally, he knocked down the last one with a chop on his neck.

"Are you alright, Tokisaki-san?" Mikazuki asked in concern tone.

"Thanks you for saving my life, Sensei." She smiled innocently. "But, what's with the mask?"

Mikazuki put the mask at the side of his face. "I was scared that my face would be remembered as that of a violent teacher."

"I-I see.." She sweated.

Mikazuki then brought the delinquents into a small alley and lined them up on the wall.

"Would you like me to accompany you home?" Mikazuki offered.

"Thank you for your kind offer, but I'll be fine on my own." Kurumi said.

"Very well." He replied. "But please be careful."

Kurumi nodded in understanding and bowed to her teacher before leaving. Once she's out of sight, Mikazuki let out a grin of mischief.

He pulled a duct tape from his suitcase and proceed to tie up the delinquents' limbs one by one behind their backs as they are in a prone position. Then, he brought out a clip and a pouch with a skeleton drawing on it. After that, he opened the delinquents' mouths and locked them open with the clips. Finally, he slapped their face to wake them up.

The three of them regained their consciousness and shocked to see their condition. Then, they looked to their front and panicked to see Mikazuki sitting in front of them while holding a bottle paste of wasabi and chili with a mischief smile.