Chapter 10: The Unsung Hero

The battle between human and Spirit raged on in the air. Origami gave all her might to defeat Kotori, disregarding any collateral damages. She managed to entrap Kotori in a barrier and shot a powerful and concentrated beams from her weapon. However, as the beams are about to hit their target, Roc appeared in front of the barrier and deployed his own to block the attack.

"Ultraman." Origami said venomously. "DIE!"

Roc immediately deployed the Dark Field before Origami could even attack again. As the dome slowly covering them, Shido sprinted inside to join them.

Origami launched a volley of missiles at Kotori and Roc, but the giant shot them all with Dark-Radiance Schtrom. Using the smoke explosion, Roc flew toward Origami. She's startled to see Roc flying toward her and immediately deployed a barrier around her

Roc reeled his fist back and punched through the barrier, much to Origami's shock. He kept fist forward and broke through the suit on her back. He pulled out his arm along with the cables inside, resulting the suit emitting sparks and smokes.

Roc pulled Origami off from the suit and jumped away. They landed safely on the ground and watched the suit crashing down to the ground and exploded.

Origami gritted her teeth in displease and equipped her sidearm. She went to aim it to Roc's head and pulled the trigger.

However, the bullet bounded off, and Roc is unfazed.

Regardless, she kept shooting at him till she emptied her clip. Roc took the gun away from her and crushed in his palm.

Origami jumped away from Roc and drew out an energy blade from her hip. With a war cry, she thrusted the blade to her target. Roc sidestepped from the attack and grabbed her wrist to disarm her. He gently pushed her with a palm, and the blade fell on the ground before Roc stomped it.

Blinded by hate and rage, Origami dashed at Roc with her fist reeling back. Once their distances are close enough, Roc performed a Clap Stunner in front her. Origami startled by the move and fell on the ground.

Her rage and anger subsided, and she panted slowly for air. She looked up to Roc and somehow, she could tell that the giant is looking at her with sympathy and worries despite his empty expression.

"That's enough... Tobiichi-san."

Origami, Kotori and Shido are startled to hear Roc mentioned the girl's last name as if he knew her.

"Who are you? How do you know my name?" Origami demanded.

"Just like Shido-kun's and Kotori-chan's.." Roc slowly undid his transformation, resulting the children to gaps in shock by the revelation. "I'm your teacher."

"Yukihara..."

"Sensei.."

Origami and Kotori uttered in shock. Shido then recalled the Clap Stunner that Roc previously performed. He was suspicious for a moment till Mikazuki revealed it himself.

"Please tell me, Tobiichi-san." Mikazuki kneeled down to her level. "Why are you doing this?"

She looked away while clicking her tongue. "You won't understand."

"I understand that you're angry and hate Kotori-chan." Mikazuki replied. "But, tell me the reason-"

"SHE KILLED MY PARENTS!"

Mikazuki and Kotori widened their eyes in shock by Origami's sudden outburst.

"5 years ago, she, the Spirit of Flames, killed my parents. I'll never forget that!" She continued. "I could never forget it. So it ends here. I will end it. I will end her, EVEN IF YOU'RE IN THE WAY!"