Chapter 18: Reconnect

Raijin advanced to its prey with a menacing roar, and Miku felt disgut by its mere presence. She managed to escape from the relentless attack and confronted the beast with confidence. She shouted out her soundwave, but Raijin reacted by covering its face with its exoskeleton like faceplate and absorbed the attack.

Its veins glowed blue from the faceplate before trailing down through its neck, arms and finally, the palm of its claws. It reeled its arms back and proceed to slam them together to create a powerful shockwave. The attack blown Miku and the rest of AST away and leveled down a large portion of the buildings in its sight.

Miku managed to support herself up with her arms after being crashed to the ground. She looked up to Raijin, and the Kaiju continued to advance for its prey. She wanted to move, but the shockwave made some of her sense gone null.

"Peacekeepers inbound!" Maria reported.

Two squadron of helicopters have appeared nearby while carrying the Jaegers with an iron wires, catching the attention of the Raijin. As soon they made it to the drop point, the helicopter unhooked the wire and the Jaegers landed safely.

忠実な駆除者
ピースキーパー
PEACEKEEPER, THE LOYAL EXTERMINATOR

They immediately targeted Raijin and the downed Miku and sprinted to their objective. One is distracting Raijin while the other is securing Diva.

The first one shot a volley of missiles from its shoulder, but Raijin used its faceplate once again to absorb the impact. The Kaiju swung its arm, but the Jaeger evaded the attack by sliding down. It immediately thrusted its blade into Raijin's chest, making the Kaiju screeched in pain before pushing it way.

The second Jaeger made it to the crash site where Miku is. The other ASTs has recovered themselves and watched the white Jaeger reaching Diva with its arm. However, Roc appeared tackled the Jaeger away across the street. Despite being saved, Miku voiced out her disgust on men and as soon as he regained her sense, she vanished into thin air.

Roc deployed the Dark Field, but the Jaeger that fighting with Raijin reacted by flapping its spine and negated the Dark Field. Everyone in the Fraxinus are shocked to see that DEM has the technology to negate the Dark Field deployment.

Roc crossed his left arm in front of his chest plate and when he pulled it back, he transformed into Fallen Ronin and equipped Yamato. The Jaeger recovered from the fall and immediately identified Roc as a target.

It deployed its dual plasma saw and dashed at Roc while firing volley of missiles from its shoulder. Roc, too, dashed to the Jaeger while deflecting and destroying the incoming missiles with his blade. The giant raised the blade to the air, and the Jaeger readied its own to block and lock the attack. However, Roc simply baited the Jaeger.

While keeping his posture, he dropped himself and slid pass the Jaeger and cut the power core. The Jaeger is staggered by the attack, and Roc hit the brake and turned his attention back to his opponent.

"Ronin Inferno Yamato!"

With his sword ignited in flame, Roc sprinted at Peacekeeper. The Jaeger turned around and quickly emptied his missiles volley on Roc. However, the giant swung his blade to destroy the missiles and proceed to cut down the Jaeger from its right torso across its core to its left shoulder.

 However, the giant swung his blade to destroy the missiles and proceed to cut down the Jaeger from its right torso across its core to its left shoulder