Chapter 26: Hope

It's like living in very kids' dreams. Dozen of giant combat robots is lined up neatly on their respective hangars as the mechanics are doing maintenances on them. Tohka, Kaguya, Ashley and Yoshino grabbed the railing while voicing out their excitement with stars glittering in their eyes.

"What do you think?" Elliot asked the guests.

"This is amazing!" Tatsuo exclaimed. "All of these in a few months?"

"Building the Jaeger is the easy part. The only problem is to find the best material for the body and the best weaponry."

"And that's where I came from." Ryuji chimed in, leaning on the railing. "I gave them the incredibly durable alloy that is extremely resistant to damage, and provides durability and strength to constructs made of it with the best weaponry in the universe."

"Pedanium alloy.." Artemisia stated. "Where did you get that many?"

Two Kaiju cards appeared on Ryuji's hand, catching the guests' attention. They all looked closer to find images of King Joe and Galactron on the cards.

"You tricky little demon." Artemisia remarked.

Ryuji chuckled in response and motioned his fingers to make the card vanished into thin air.

"Unlike the Peackeepers, our Jaegers are piloted by people." Elliot informed.

"Why can't we use remote system instead?" Haruko asked.

"Remote systems can be hacked or compromised. Plus, Peacekeepers are being controlled by Sphere directly on the brain." Karen answered.

"Come, let's take a closer look." Elliot instructed.

They all followed the director to another elevator, and they all went down to a lower level. Then, they hopped onto a cart-like vehicle that has been waiting for them. The driver drove the vehicle into the station where the kids could see the Jaegers from below and surely, they all voiced out their amazement.

"There were setbacks at first in piloting the Jaeger. The neural load to interface with the Jaeger proved too much for a single pilot." Elliot narrated before greeting two Jaeger pilots by waving his hand. "A two pilot system was implemented. Left hemisphere and right hemisphere pilot control."

"Here, we have our Mk1 Jaeger from Japan, Tacit Ronin." Karen introduced the passing by Jaeger. "One of our fastest and the most agile Jaeger we have."

"And another from Japan, Coyote Tango." Elliot added. "Our heavy artillery and one of our heavy hitter. It's my personal favorite."

Both Elliot and Karen continued to introduce all of their Jaegers to the guests and as expected, the kids voiced out their excitement and amazements.

The vehicle suddenly put to a stop per Elliot's request, and they all turned their attention to a last Jaeger that is being tested.

"The robot is moving!" Yoshinon exclaimed.

The Jaeger moved its arm and clenched its fists as if it in a fighting stance. Then, it moved its arms again before pumping its fist to its palm, creating a loud vibrating metal clash.

 Then, it moved its arms again before pumping its fist to its palm, creating a loud vibrating metal clash