Chapter 25: Dark Origin

Zagi was created by a race of aliens from Planet M80 of Messier 4. Zagi was created from a splice of DNA from the legendary giant of light, Ultraman Noa.

The reason they created Zagi because Noa went into a deep slumber, and they feared the return of Space Beasts who threatened their home planet.

However, their effort backfired. Zagi awakened with a distorted consciousness, being well aware of his nature as a "duplicate to the giant of light". He was installed with a self-evolving program but resorted to evolve the Space Beasts instead as he went astray. For the sake of surpassing the original, Zagi incorporated the qualities and characteristics of the Space Beasts, and eventually the title of Dark Zagi.

Unable to stop the giant, the alien race destroyed their home world by causing their star to go supernova in an attempt to destroy him. However, they unintentionally created a dimensional rift to Nebula M78 where the Ultramen resides, the Land of Light.

Zagi entered the dimension with Noa chasing him from behind. In there, he terrorized the dimension and fought the residents of the Land of Light. This was a battle that made Ultraman Noa a legend in the Land of Light as he eventually cast his doppelgänger back into the tear. In his home universe, Noa sealed the tear at the expense of most of his energy forcing him into lesser forms while Zagi lost his physical form from the same technique.

Knowing the supernova would carry the particles of Space Beast to another galaxy, Zagi's creator fled to Earth, the world they predicted would suffer because of their actions and Zagi took off after them followed by Noa.

On Earth, Zagi began his plan to regain his form by sending Space Beasts to terrorize the people, sacrificing the innocents no matter their ages, and using people like a tool.

After over a decade and tainted his hands with the blood of his victims, he eventually regained his form and attack the globe with simultaneous Beast attacks. However, Noa returned and the two giants battled for the fate of the Earth.

Zagi suddenly evolved into Dark Lucifer in mid-battle. The two continued to fight out from Earth to across the universe. Their battle erupted across the multiverse, and multiple universes are destroyed in a crossfire. But eventually, Noa defeated Lucifer and restored the destroyed universes.

"Mikazuki Yukihara, teacher of Raizen high school was once a walking catastrophe." Ellen ended the story.

Everyone are speechless. Their expressions are a mix of awed and horrified. They never would've thought that the role model teacher, Mikazuki Yukihara has terrifying past before coming to Earth.

"Sensei.. did all of that..?" Shido uttered in disbelieved.

"He's no longer that monster, Shido Itsuka. I assure you." Ellen said, catching the boy's attention. "I may've not know him better than any of you but one thing for sure, he is changed man."

Despite being a stranger to Mikazuki, Ellen spoke from the heart. The day Mikazuki saved her from her endless agony, she experienced a genuine kindness for the first time ever since she lost her home. And her words put Shido at ease.

"Thank you, Ellen-san." He smiled.

"So that's why Ultraman Nexus and Roc are look alike." Mana recalled.

"Now I know where his ingenuity and delinquent behavior came from." Tatsuo chuckled in amusement.

"But, how come there are Zagi and Roc at the same time? Could it be another clone?" Kotori inquired.

"Noa's biggest mistake was not realizing that Lucifer's fragments had scattered around across the multiverses upon his demises." Ellen explained.

"And some of them landed on Earth." Artemisia assumed.