Chapter 4. Try to mend a broken heart , with ice cream

Rob's POV

I slumped down in my chair I looked at the text one more time "Robert, were over!" it said. I felt tears burn the corners of my eyes, Mitch placed a hand on my shoulder "Hey, it's okay buddy." he said. I nodded but my heart felt like it was shredded to a million pieces. A tub of ice cream and a spoon landed in front of me Preston stood there I looked at him confused, "Why" I questioned. "Ice cream helped me when Kira (Once again a made up name) broke up with me." he said smiling.  He opened the tub and stuck the spoon in, bringing it out with a big scoop of ice cream. He handed the spoon to me. I took and ate the ice cream. He smiled, "enjoy that, it will only help with a little bit of pain" he said sadly and quietly. I nodded, Mitch and Jerome were chatting away just like Vik and Lachlan. Preston sat down next to me and smiled, "Eh, you didn't need her anyway." he said looking at everyone as they talked. "You have us, and we won't crush your heart in a million pieces..." he said laughing a little at the end. I smiled and nodded.

Preston's POV

Rob is doing fine with the whole "Breaking- up thing" besides that constant little heart ache that he has. The ice cream surprisingly helped a lot! And he's having the time of his life back his home town Montreal with us. Hopefully something doesn't ruin it.

We walked down the street until we reached our favorite place to eat. We walked in and a woman sat us down at a table and sent off with out order of drinks. I sat near Rob and talked to him a few times until our drinks came. Our waitress asked for our food and I said I wanted a good ol' steak. She smiled and walked off again with our order. I looked around the restaurant, couples, families, friends, and others were all seated and smiling. But why wasn't I? Oh yeah I saw Rob's Ex. Rob showed me a picture of her and well yeah you get the point. I decided to stay quiet until of the guys asked me "Hey Preston what's wrong? You're like really quiet.". I gulped, a lump formed in my throat "Uhh, erm-I...uh." I said looking for my words. "Dude just tell us." Rob said smiling. I gulped, "IsawyourexandIdidn'twanttotellyou!" I said fastly. Rob looked confused "English Preston." he said. I sighed trying to relieve my anxiety "I saw your ex and I didn't want to tell you." I said. He looked sadly at me and walked off, you could tell he was about to cry. Everyone looked at me Nice going Preston I thought as everyone looked toward the bathroom where Rob went off crying. I stood up, I felt nauseous and dizzy. I opened the door to the men's bathroom to see Rob looming over the sink and tears dripping into it. I gulped swallowing the feeling of nausea down. "Rob I'm sorry." I said. He looked at me and shook his head "Go Preston...." he said. I shook my head "Nope, not until your feeling better." he glared. "Just leave Preston! It's not like you've already ruined my life!" he screamed. I felt tears burn in the corner of my eyes. "F-fine." I said walking out passing my friends table and out the door. I sat on a bench in a park that I found, tears were now streaming out of my eyes. I wiped my cheeks as they became wet, Does he know how much he hurt me? I questioned myself as I sat on the bench looking at the ground. Why do I feel the same pain Kira gave me? I asked myself with worry. Should I try that again? I said as the memory faded back to me.

"Kira just leave!" I screamed at her as she hustled out of the room and out the front door. My girlfriend just cheated on me, with a prick named Carlos! I slammed down on the couch as Carlos left the house with the same lame expression as ever. I felt tears threaten my eyes as I groaned in pain, Why does everyone I like or have a relationship with end up in failure! I asked as I cried into my hands I walked up to the bathroom and opened the cupboard and took out a razor. I sighed and pressed it to my skin. The pain felt good, and it took away the emotional ones. The blood dripped to the tiled floor and I slid my back against the tub. I hate everything.

I snapped out of it once I heard a car horn blaring. I looked at Mitch was there looking worried at me. I opened the door once again having to sit next to Rob, and Mat. "So, what happened in the bathroom with you two?" Lachlan asked. I shook my head and so did Rob, "I want Ice cream." I said as Mitch drove off. Everyone looked at me "Well we cou-" I cut Mitch off by saying "No, at your house, I don't want to go any where else." I said snapping. "jeez, okay." Mitch said driving. I looked out at the passing trees and bushes on the way to Mitch's house.

-At Mitch's house-

I walked out of the car and to the fridge. I grabbed a tub and a spoon and sat down on the couch eating the Ice cream. I finished, with the tub and threw it away, storming up to my room afterwards. I grabbed the razor that I used and walked into the bathroom locking the door. I sat on the edge of the tub and pressed it to my wrist. This helped, only with a little of the pain.

(This took a dark turn, but I enjoy writing these things since I have experience with some of these things.)