Chapter 5.Memories

Rob's POV

Preston has been in the bathroom for a few minutes now, and it's getting a little weird, and lonely without him here. Mat was talking to Mitch and Jerome about something, Lachlan, and Vik were watching a funny video. While I was awaiting Preston, so that maybe I could apologize at what I said to him. He finally after 6 minutes came down the stairs and slumped down on the couch. "Preston, you're not having the best time here are you?" Mitch asked sadly. He nodded and sighed, "Sorry Mitch, I just-with all that's been happening it's hard." he said rubbing his eyes. "Well were out of ice cream, sooo-" Mat said rubbing his imaginary beard. "No, it's fine." he said. He muttered something that I couldn't hear so I decided to let it slide. "We should watch a movie!" I suggested. Everyone nodded, "Yeah but what movie?" Mat asked. "DE Hugah Deans!" Mitch said, Jerome looked at him "Mitch you've watched that way more times than you've seen your own mother." he said. "What about, World War Z" Vik suggested. "Yeah sounds good." Preston said. Mitch got the movie out and put it in.

-During the movie-

Preston's POV

Why do I feel like crying again? Why does this happen to me during trips?  I asked myself while everyone was watching the movie intently I stood up and walked to my room, I closed the bathroom door and looked in the mirror. Tears were now soon dropping into the sink. Do it Preston, try it again... I shook my head. Remember that day? Try it again, try what you never did succeed at... the voice said. I tried not to remember, but it's too hard not to.

I grasped the pills in my palms and I looked into the mirror, I looked like someone punched me in both of my eyes. The dark bags under my eyes, my greasy hair, my baggy clothes. "I hate myself." I said. I looked at the pills and sighed. I threw them down, and walked out of the bathroom curling up into a ball in my bed. Crying, until I fell asleep.

See Preston, it's hard. Try it again, then you'll forget everything. The voice said urging me toward the cabinet. I shook my head, "Leave me alone!" I whispered/screamed at myself. Preston, you're not being cooperative. It said, I shook my head. I finally gave in after 4 minutes, I was weak. It made me grab my razor and slice my wrist and arm, until I felt light headed. I grasped the edge of the sink. Until the world turned black. I fell to the floor, There world, Are you happy?

Rob's POV

I heard a thud come from the bathroom, Mitch paused the movie "Did anyone hear that?" he asked looking around. I stood up and walked up the stairs to Preston's room everyone was behind me. I looked at the bathroom, "Preston?" I screamed. No answer. "Preston!" I screamed again. No answer. I tried to unlock the door but it wouldn't budge. Mitch soon handed me a key, I unlocked the door seeing something that I wished to never see. Preston, in a pool of blood, slits on his wrist and arm. "Call the paramedic!" Jerome screamed as they all ran in toward Preston. Vikk called them, I stood there as they took Preston away. I walked after them as they took Preston into an ambulance. Everything, went wrong this entire day, I don't know how to cope. "Rob! Lets go!" Mat yelled as they all got into Mitch's car. I was the last one in, I looked at where Preston usually sits. This car feels so cold, and lifeless without him. He's gonna be okay Rob, hopefully I thought to myself on the way to the hospital. We finally got there, and we all ran out of the car into the waiting room. "What room is Preston Arsement is?" Jerome asked. The woman at first hesitated then said. "They took him to room 623, but you all will have to wait." she said leading us to couches. She called the doctor that was helping Preston that we were here, and that we would like to see him after he's done helping him.

-1 hour later-

I sat twiddling my thumbs as everyone did the same. "So...uh..who's going to tell his family?" Lachlan asked looking at us with worry in his eyes. "Well Rob is kind of Preston's new best friend. So maybe him?" Mat said pointing at me. I nodded sighing and grabbing my phone, Preston gave me his house number and his family's number just in case of emergencies. I called it and it lasted two rings until I heard a young boys voice. "Hello?" he said, I gulped "Hi this is Rob' one of Preston's friends can you put your mom on?" I asked. The boy which I guess is Preston's younger brother called his mom. "Yes?" she asked. I sighed "I'm sorry but Preston is in the hospital." it was silent on the other end for half a minute until you heard a cry. I sighed "Sorry." I said she finally spoke up and said "W-what happened?" I gulped again "He cut too deep, he lost so much blood." I said rubbing my eyes. She cried and finally said "Thank you." and hung up. I turned off my phone and soon cried as well. I hate telling people bed news.