Dilf!Eddie x reader -part 7 Parental warning

" So you know my Parents, there is no need to be nervous right?" You rambled  as you sat in the passenger seat of Eddie's car on the way to your Parents house.
You had been invited over for dinner, and you were nervous, so fucking nervous.
You had told your Mother when you had broken up with Robbie and she had been just as devastated as you had been.  You had told her that you were seeing someone new and while she was happy for you, she was surprised that you had moved on so quickly. You replied with ." Oh, well I have known this guy for a while, he's a friend."
" Oh Honey, is it someone I know?"
" Yeah, I'm seeing Eddie."
" Eddie, Eddie, that sounds familiar. Where do I know him from?"
" Robbie, it's Robbie's father."
There had been silence on the other end of the line. You had been dreading telling your Parents, not because you were ashamed, it wasn't that at all, you were happy, so fucking happy with Eddie,happier than you had ever been. It was because your Parents , you loved your Parents to death but when it came to you they were totally overprotective.
" It's going really well Mom, I like him, a lot. He's wonderful."
" Well that's nice dear," she said shortly, " But isn't he a little too old for you?"
There it was. You had been expecting it.
" Actually no. Mom, I'm in my mid twenties, quickly rounding the corner to thirty. The age difference doesn't mean a thing to me. It's just a number Mom."
More silence.
" Mom, you've known Eddie now for years, you know how funny and sweet he is. He treats me like a queen,he is amazing."
" I just hope you know what your doing. The man could have been your Father in law!"
You sighed." Yeah but he isn't, because his Son cheated on me! After years of being together! And that wasn't the first time, that was just the first time he got caught! He cheated on me , just like Ben did , just like Chet did in high school. Eddie would never do that to me. "
" I hope your right."
And that was the end of that discussion.
Eddie squeezed your leg." I'm fucking nervous. I mean we have always gotten along great, but that was before I was fucking their daughter."
" Jesus!"
" Sorry Sweetheart."
You sighed." Remember Baby we are in this together, you and me." You lean over and tuck a piece of hair behind his ear and he flashes you his sweet smile. You hoped your Parents were going to be on their best behavior, you hoped that they wouldn't be judgmental or close minded. You loved Eddie, truly loved him and there was nothing that they would say to change that. You hoped that they could look past the age difference and see what your relationship was really made of.
When Eddie pulled into the driveway you both sat there for a minute mentally prepping for any conversation that could arise.
It was Eddie that made the first move. "Let's go Dollface, it's going to be fine." He leaned forward and kissed you, then got out of the car ,walking around to get your door. " Let's do this." He grabbed a bottle of wine from the back seat.
You took his free hand and squeezed it,holding it securely in yours while you walked up to the entryway.
Your Mother had opened the door before you even had a chance to knock.
" Honey!" She pulled you into a hug, practically suffocating you.
You hugged her back," Hey Mom,"  when she let you out of her death grip you turned to Eddie. " You remember Eddie?"
She offered him a smile, " Of course. Welcome, come in please."
" Thank you for the dinner invitation. It's wonderful to see you again. " Eddie gave her a sweet, genuine smile.
So far so good, your Mom was being pleasant. It was your Father that you were worried about.
" We are happy to have you guys."
Eddie reached out and handed your mother the nice bottle of wine that he had picked out." I hope you like it, I thought it would pair well with dinner."
" Thank you Eddie. Speaking of wine, I already have a bottle open, why don't I get you both a glass?"
You followed your Mother dragging Eddie through the house. When you reached the kitchen you sat at the island where your Mom had laid out some appetizers.
" Where's Dad?" You asked snacking on a cracker.
" He's in the den. I'm sure he'll be out soon , now that the snacks are out. He's been wanting to eat them all afternoon and I told him he couldn't touch them until you got here." She slid over a glass of wine to you, to Eddie. You watched her eyeing him for a moment, as if she was staring into his soul trying to figure out what his intentions were with her daughter.
" These mini quiche are amazing." Eddie popped one into his mouth ,chewed then took a sip of wine.
Your mom blinked." Thank you." She drank a gulp of her wine. " So, how are things?"
You sipped you wine." Things are great. Work has been busy, but that's good makes the week go by faster. And everything else is ," you glanced over at Eddie and smiled ,sliding an arm around his waist. He smiled down at you and on instinct he kissed the top of your head. "Well everything else is perfect." You knew it was bold, cuddling up to him in front of your Mom, but you wanted to show her, show her how loving and sweet your relationship was.
You looked at your Mother, who looked between the two of you then took another sip of wine. Her eyes warmed. " Well that's good."
" How has it been around here? Have my brothers graced you with their presence?"
You mother waved her hand." Oh please, only when they want a meal or need laundry done. "
" Typical, so typical."
" Ah, there's my baby girl!" Your Father's voice said from behind you, you jumped and you instantly felt Eddie tense. Now before, your Father and Eddie had a great relationship but now...
" Hey Dad." You smiled , trying to keep things as normal as possible. He came over eyeing Eddie as he kissed your cheek.
" How's my girl?"
" Never better. Life's good Dad."
" Glad to hear it. " He rubbed your shoulder. He glanced over again at Eddie." Hello Ed."
" Hey, hello." Eddie smiled, extended his hand and your father shook it firmly.
" I see your drinking wine, why don't you come with me to the den, I'll get you a man's drink, a glass of scotch."
You looked from your father to your boyfriend, who appeared calm but you could tell that he was nervous by the way that his leg was shaking.
" Sounds good."
You took his hand and gave it a squeeze before he followed your father down the hall and into the den.
" Do you want help with dinner?" You could feel butterflies in your stomach, you needed a distraction.How was your father going to act towards Eddie?
" That would be great Honey." My mom opened up the fridge and started pulling out a bunch of vegetables. "Wanna chop?"
" Sure." You pull out a chopping board and a knife from nearby cupboards, "So is Dad going to be decent to Eddie or...."
Your Mother sighed." He doesn't love the thought of you and Eddie in a relationship. He thinks he is too old-"
It was your turn to sigh." I don't understand why age has to be an issue, it isn't for us! Dad is seven years older than you-"
" That is different-"
" How? You were 20 when you met him, he was almost 30!"
" Things were different then, and we were only seven years apart-"
"Mom," You rolled your eyes, " When you were my age you were already married and had me! I know that you will always think of me as your 'Little Girl' but I am a grown woman, I can make life changing decisions on my own, I can hold myself accountable for those decisions that I make. I'm not some young ,impressionable girl, I'm well educated and self sufficient.Have I ever made any rash decisions or poor choices? Ever done anything that I haven't thought through? Have I ever been irresponsible?"
" No."she sighed.
" It is not like I am rushing this, I have known Eddie for years, YOU have known Eddie for years. He is so sweet, and caring and loving. I am so happy, happier than I have ever been. "
" What does Robbie think of all this?"
" He wasn't thrilled at first, more about the fact that I had moved on then the fact that I had moved on with his Father. I reminded him that he had made the conscious decision to end our relationship by cheating on me. I knew I deserved better than that.We sat and talked like adults, he told me that he was happy that his father was finally happy . "
Your mom finished her wine." I don't want to see you get hurt."
" Like I have with guys that were my own age, guys that have treated me like I'm expendable? Eddie would never treat me the way that those boys did. He values our relationship, and that is what it is Mom, a real relationship. I can't wait to talk with him every night on the phone, I practically run out of work on Fridays because I know that I will be able to spend time with him on the weekend. The way that he looks at me with such love in his eyes, he treats me like I am the most precious human being in the world and you would rather have me throw all that away just because he is older than me? "
Your Mother plopped down on a stool beside you."You really do love each other, don't you?"
" Its real Mom."
She smirked." Since when did you get so goddamn good at speaking? You should have become a lawyer."
You chuckled." I was on the debate team and I have had to taken a lot of public speaking classes." You finished your wine.
She sighed." Your Father is going to be a tough nut to crack. You are his sweet little baby girl, and he is very protective of you. "
" I bet if one of the boys was dating an older woman it would be a non issue." You picked up your knife and started chopping.
" Honey-"
" It's true! He would probably be sooo proud ." You shook your head. " He better be nice to him, I can't lose him."