Up on the housetop

" Walk me through what your doing one more time Baby." You smirk as you look over at your adorable husband, Eddie, standing in your bedroom wearing a Santa Suit.
Eddie was the love of your life, the two of you had been together since your Senior year of high school, you met him at one of Steve Harrington's famous house parties. You had had a little too much to drink and you went outside to get some fresh air, where Eddie had been sitting outside smoking a joint , trying to avoid the drunken crowds inside. " You good Sweetheart? Why don't you come over her and have a seat, that jet fuel they like to call 'Party Punch' will get you every time." He said from the shadows, then came over to introduce himself. " Hey, I'm Eddie."He had the prettiest brown eyes you had ever seen, and a sweet smile. He led you over to a bench, sat beside you and offered you the rest of his joint. You accepted and the two of you sat and joked and laughed for the remainder of the party. From that moment on you two were inseparable.
It had been 10 years since that fateful night and two kiddos , a dog and 2 hamsters later you were the perfect little family. You loved Eddie Munson now more than ever. He was a sexy and thoughtful husband, a sweet and caring father to your two little girls Ellie and Rosie, and the one person in your life that you could without a doubt always count on for anything. And at this very moment he was dressed up like Saint Nick.
Eddie spoke in a whisper." Rosie asked me last night when I was tucking her in if Santa Clause was real. Can you believe that? She's only 6! She told me that she didn't know if she believed anymore. My sweet little girl giving up on the magic of Christmas because of all the little shits at school keep telling her that there is no Santa Clause. I'm sorry but some kids are little assholes." He shook his head in disgust.
You smiled at him." I don't disagree with you there baby, remember the Easter Bunny debacle last year? Again, asshole kids on the bus running their mouths. " You whispered back.
" Exactly. " He sat on the edge of the bed and spoke softly." They grow up so fast, I just want the magic to last a little longer." And it was true. It felt like the girls were just babies yesterday and now Rosalie was 6 and Eloise was 4. It went by too goddamn fast." Luckily Ellie is unflinching in her Santa belief . Preschool kids aren't talking shit yet. I keep hearing her try to convince her sister that he is real, my sweet little Angel."
" Ok , so the plan is....."
" So the plan is that JingleBelle, oh fuck did you move the elf?"
" All taken care of. She's going for a joy ride with Barbie in the pink Barbie convertible."
" Perfect!"
You were pretty sure Eddie loved the Elf on the Shelf just as much as the girls did." So JingleBelle-"
" Right, so JingleBell is going to report to Santa that she heard Rosie say that she didn't believe. So Santa is making a house call." He opened up the drawer in the nightstand and pulled out a piece of paper. " I stopped by and had lunch with Wayne today and asked him to write a letter from Santa, the girls know my handwriting, Papa was happy to oblige."
Your heart melted." You really thought this through-"
" Well we are only two days away from Christmas Sweetheart, gotta act fast." He winked. He still gave you butterflies." So I am going to sneak out our bedroom window-"
" Your going to what?"
" Just climb out the window. Don't worry Princess I won't hurt myself, it's only like a three foot drop."
" Thank god we only live in a one level ranch."
" I promise, it will be fine. Then I'm going to climb up on the roof-"
" Jesus, this just keeps getting better!"
Eddie smirked." I've had plenty of practice climbing up into your bedroom window in high school, and that was a two story house."
" Your right, let's just hope it's not one of those if you don't use it you lose it deals.."
" Again Darlin, it will be fine. So, once I am up there I'm going to stomp around a little, jingle some bells and Ho,Ho,Ho. I want them to hear me. If I know my girls they will wake up hear the sounds , their little minds will be blown because, why would Santa come to our house if it wasn't Christmas? They will be so flabbergasted that they will lay there wide eyed and then go back to sleep because they will be afraid of scaring Santa away."
" That sounds like our girls." You smiled again."
" In the morning they will wake up and find a letter from Santa on the table along with two candy canes and all will be right in the world."
" God, I fucking love you Eddie Munson." You crawled across the bed and pulled down the fake beard then pulled him in for a kiss. God there was nothing more sexy than a man that would do anything for his kids. You nibbled on his lip as you pulled away. " I'm pretty sure that there will be a special present waiting for Santa to unwrap when he comes back to bed."
" Sounds like Santa's going to be cumming down your chimney tonight you naughty fucking girl." He gave you a devilish grin. " I'm pretty sure he's got something in his sack for you."
" Well Godspeed Santa baby, I'll be here ready and waiting for your Yule log."
Eddie laughed." I love you Sweetheart."
" I love you too. Please be careful up there. Do you think I need to put 911 on speed dial?"
" Ha, ha." Eddie hopped off the bed and opened the window, he really had planned it out because he had already taken the screen out. You watched as he hoisted himself up and out the window, and you heard him hit the ground with a light thud. You ran to the window and peered out, there he was giving you a thumbs up and pulling up his beard. You smiled to yourself then watched him disappear into the darkness.
A few minutes later you heard bells ringing and stomping around on the roof. You snuck out into the hallway and stood in front of the girls shared bedroom.
" Ho,Ho, Ho! " More jingle bells, more stomping.
Then you heard a whisper on the other side of the door.
" Rosie! Rosie, wake up! Do you hear that?" Ellie said excitedly.
" Ellie, I don't believe it, it sounds like Santa! Ellie, do you hear the bells? Do you hear the Ho,Ho, ho's?"
Almost on cue Eddie bellowed out again. Your neighbors must have thought you guys were nuts.
" I do hear it Rosie! I do! Why do you think he is here?"
" I don't know, but he won't be for long if he finds out we are awake! Quick, go back to sleep!!"
You smiled then snuck back into your bedroom and back into bed.
A few minutes later you saw Eddie's head pop up into the window.
" I'm going to need a little help getting back in."
" I can go unlock the door-"
" No, then you will wake up the dog. I'm on a step stool, if you could just kind of pull me through-" he hopped up an got his upper body through, you grabbed him under his arms and started pulling him in." Watch the suit Sweetness-"
You gave him one last tug and you both tumbled onto the bed panting.
" Already breathing heavy and we haven't even gotten to the good part yet." He smiled down at you.
" I can't wait for the good part." You tugged off his Santa hat and his curly brown locks tumbled out." You are hands down the sexiest Santa I have ever seen."
" Aww your just saying that to get back on the good girl list." He sweetly kissed your lips." So, could you hear me up there?" He smiled.
" I could. I snuck out and stood by the girls bedroom and they could hear you too. Eddie it was the cutest thing. Ellie woke Rosie up and asked if she heard the noise, Rosie asked Ellie if she heard the jingle bells and the Ho,Ho,hos, then Ellie asked why Santa had come when it wasn't Christmas, Rosie said she didn't know but they had better get back to sleep so he didn't get scared away. " You smiled as you watched a huge grin spread across his face."Mission accomplished Munson."
" Fuck yeah!" He whispered as he started stripping off the suit." Can you do me a favor Doll? Can you run that letter out for me and put it where they will see it? You are a little more discreet than I am."
" Absolutely baby. "
Eddie reached back into the nightstand drawer and pulled out two candy canes then handed over the letter." Thanks Darlin."
" Anything for you Santa." You winked and crawled back out of bed, going over to him and wrapping your arms around him." I love you Eddie, I love that you were willing to climb up on the roof in a Santa suit to give our girls that Christmas magic. Your such a good Daddy."
He smiled again , his adorable dimples and eye crinkles on full display ." I'll always do whatever it takes."
You kissed his dimples then the tip of his nose and then his lips." I'll be right back, and then it will be time for Santa to finally get his present."
*************************************
" Mommy!"
" Daddy! Wake up! Wake up! Santa came!"
You felt the weight of two little bodies and the dog crawling up onto the bed.
Eddies warm body was pressed close to your back, his face buried in your neck. You could feel his lips curve into a smile against your skin, felt the arm that was draped over you squeeze you tight.
" Mommy? Mommy are you awake?" Ellie's sweet little voice whispered into your ear and you slowly opened your eyes. You were greeted by a beautiful pair of chocolate brown eyes, Eddie's eyes , and a gap tooth smile, she was so proud that she had just lost her two front teeth like her sister had the year before, and she kept singing that all she wanted for Christmas was her two front teeth." Mornin Mommy!"
You pulled her warm little body beside you and kissed her cheek. " Good Morning Baby!"
You watched as Rosie leaned down close to Eddie's face and was just getting ready to say something when-
" Rawrrrrr!!!!!!" Eddie opened his eyes and Rosie jumped back giggling. Eddie laughed then sat up started tickling her and she squirmed and flailed, again giggling hysterically.
" Momma, they are crazy! " Ellie snuggled up close to you.
" Yeah they are, Rosie is just like daddy-"
Ellie smiled," And I'm just like you, huh Momma?"
" You are Baby." You kissed the top of her head. Ellie was sweet and quiet and calm, and Rosie was inquisitive, and dramatic and outgoing, just a ball of energy.
" Daddy! Stop tickling me!" She cackled," I have some important news!"
" Well why didn't you just say so Sweet Girl?" He asked smiling, and then he stopped and pulled her down onto his lap , wrapping her in a hug.
" Because I couldn't talk when you were tickling me Daddy." She brushed her curls out of her face. She too had the same beautiful brown eyes and unruly hair as her father, which because of the tickle torture was sticking up in every direction." I have important news!"
" Well out with it Princess, what is your important news?"
" Santa Clause came last night!"
Eddie looked incredulous." I think your cuckoo. It wasn't even Christmas Eve!"
" I know Daddy but he came! Me and Ellie heard him! He was up on the roof! I heard his jingle bells! And when I woke up this morning to see if I could find JingleBelle I found a note!!" She pulled it out from her pajama pocket. "It says my name on it!!"
" Well it certainly does,doesn't it?" Eddie smiled.
" Daddy please read it to us!" Ellie asked clapping her hands.
" Yeah Daddy read it to us!" You smiled.
Eddie unfolded the letter and cleared his throat." Dear Rosie, I wanted to check in with you because I had heard from a reliable source, JingleBelle, that you were starting to doubt if I was even real. I was so worried that I made a special trip from the North Pole to see you! Did you hear my bells? I just wanted to let you know that JingleBelle has been reporting to me that both you and your Sister , Ellie, have been very good this year, and that I have made a list and checked it twice and you are both on the top of the Nice list. Remember, Rosie, I get my Christmas Magic from the little girls and boys that believe in me, and my Christmas Magic is what helps me and my Reindeer travel on Christmas Eve to deliver toys to children all around the world. Thank you for believing and I can't wait to see you on Christmas Eve! Love Santa. P.S- Peanut Butter cookies are my favorite."
Both girls smiled.
" I'm on the top of the nice list Mommy!!" Ellie said excitedly.
" I am too! Oh Mommy, Daddy, I don't care what those kids at school say, Santa is real! I heard him with my own ears and now I have proof!" She snatched the letter out of Eddie's hand.
" See Rosie I told you!" Ellie piped up. " I knew it all along!"
You smiled . " I am so proud of my little ladies for making the top of the nice list!!"
" Of course they did, they are precious Angels!" Eddie kissed them both on the head.
" Mommy, can we make Peanut Butter cookies for Santa?" Ellie asked.
" If you guys get dressed and eat all your breakfast-"
" And promise to save a couple cookies for daddy-" Eddie added for good measure.
" Then we can make them after you have had your cereal."
" That's right girls, it's the most important meal of the day."
Rosie grabbed Ellie's hand. " Come on Ellie, let's go get dressed!"
" Mommy can we put M&Ms in them to make them even gooder?"  Ellie again looked at you with those big puppy dog eyes.
Eddie nodded." I think that is a brilliant idea."
" Yay!! "
The girls jumped off the bed, the dog ,a boxer mix named Arwen also jumped off and the three of them tore out of the bedroom.
You smiled and straddled Eddie's lap, wrapping your arms around his neck. " You did good Munson, real good." You kissed him." I'm so lucky to have you, the girls are soo lucky to have you."
Eddie smiled ." I'm the lucky one, I have a fucking gorgeous wife and the two cutest kids on the planet.What more could a guy want?"
" What you want from Santa this year Eds?" You kissed the tip of his nose.
He smirked and pulled you closer. " Another little Munson."
You smiled back. " Well I happen to know the big guy, intimately, I'll see what I can do."