A Rose's Healing Touch (PTSD Male Reader X Ruby Rose)

Requested by RedEngine5

After the war with Salem ended in a major victory the people of Remnant cheered for those that fought bravely but for one Y/n L/n he felt like it wasn't so great for him. He lost most of his squad mates and lost an arm due to a Grimm. To compensate for a lack of limb he had his whole body refitted with the most advanced Atlesian cybernetics with blades popping out of his arms like a mantis or other weapons he can use to dismember Grimm. However even with all of his upgrades he felt hollow so he retired from being a huntsman and ended up in a self destructive path. That was until he met Ruby Rose a nurse that would look after him when he ended up in her care after he felt his mind going into depression. And so our story begins with a rose on a mission to ease a wounded soldiers pain.

Y/n: And so begins another day of misery.

Just as Y/n was about start his day he heard his doorbell ringing. He put on his dressing gown and pajama bottoms along with Eevee slippers he trudges to the door. Only to see his nurse Ruby Rose at the door.

Ruby: Hello Y/n I'm here for your weekly pysch eval

Ruby: Hello Y/n I'm here for your weekly pysch eval. Um don't mind the outfit it was the only spare I had.

Y/n glanced at her while looking at her up and down and despite her appearance he finds it oddly relaxing. Normally most guys would flirty but he is being respectful with her.

Ruby: I hope you don't mind but I brought some cookies and tea. While we chat.

Y/n: Not at all. So should we start?

Ruby: Of course.

Ruby took out her clipboard from her bag and pen with cute cookie pictures on it. She then saw his slippers and smiled.

Ruby: Alright to start off how have you been feeling lately? Keep in mind these questions are not to judge you at all I'm your friend and I want to help you anyway I can.

Y/n sighed.

Y/n: I haven't been feeling too good Ruby. The truth is I have been having nightmares of what happened to my squad mates over and over again. I have barely slept and everything I eat or drink has no taste. I feel hollow inside.

As Ruby was jotting down their conversation she noticed the tired look in his eyes and how skinny he was. She then put down the clipboard and looked into his eyes.

Ruby: Y/n I'm gonna need you to take your dressing gown off for me.

Y/n was hesitant.

Y/n: What for?

Ruby: Don't worry its just a physical exam I want to do next. This is part of your eval too. Please I just want to help.

Y/n sighed but agreed to her instructions. He took off his dressing gown and let her examine him. She started by putting on latex gloves and as he took his shirt she could see ho much he has changed physically with all his cybernetics. Regardless she began by listening to his heart beat with her stethoscope it was beating a lot slower than usual. She then checked his breathing by telling to take deep breaths. So far his breathing seemed normal she then checked his ears with an othoscope and so far no blockages but a little bit of wax. She then began asking him the hardest question.