Chapter 21

*******Trigger Warning for Drug Use and Graphic Violence*******

Patrick wakes up in his hospital bed in sick bay several hours later. Brad is still sitting in the corner of his room. Joe is gone, and Spencer isn't in his room either. I can't believe I slept that long! Spencer must've sent Joe back to our cell. I'm not sure where Spencer is though. He looks around the room and his eyes catch Brad's. Brad puts his phone down.

"Welcome back, sunshine." Brad says.

"What time is it?" Patrick asks while rubbing his eyes. Brad looks down at his phone to see.

"It's about 8:00 p.m. You slept for a very long time." Brad answers.

"I know." Patrick responds. As he is laying there, he realizes that all of the fluids they are feeding him through his IV are catching up to him and he has to use the restroom. He's not sure where it is though.

"Brad? Where is Spencer?" He asks.

"He's in his office. You need me to call him?" Brad asks.

"Yes, please." Patrick answers. Brad gets up and leaves the room for a minute and comes back with Spencer.

"Hey Patrick, is everything alright?" Spencer asks.

"Yes. I need to use the restroom. Where is it?" Patrick answers.

"I understand. Go out of your room and take a left. You will see it on your right. Can you get there on your own?" Spencer asks.

"I think so. You can follow me to the door, if you'd like." Patrick replies.

"Ok. I will just follow you to make sure you get there without falling." Spencer says.

Patrick sits up and swings his legs over the side of the bed. He pushes off the bed and stands up. He makes sure he is stable before walking. Then he starts walking and follows Spencer's directions to the restroom. He does his business and then comes out of the room and returns to his bed in his room. Spencer smiles.

"Great job! I'm going to order an MRI to just make sure everything is healed correctly. You will eventually need surgery to remove the plates and screws in your arms and your legs." Spencer mentions.

"Ok. Are we doing the MRI now?" Patrick asks.

"No. It can wait until morning. Besides, the MRI technician has already headed home for the night. Try and rest up tonight and, as long as your MRI is clean, I will release you tomorrow." Spencer says.

"Sounds good. Thank you, Spencer." Patrick responds.

"No problem, Patrick." Spencer answers and then leaves to go back to his office.

Patrick isn't really all that tired right now, so he turns the TV on in his room. All of a sudden, Brad stands.

"I will be back shortly. Try to not get killed while I'm gone." Brad says and exits Patrick's room and sick bay. He heads to the room that he and Gabe always meet up in. Gabe is there waiting for him.

________________________________________________________________________________

"I hear our patient is almost completely healed." Gabe states.

"Yes. He is even mobile. He can stand and walk around as if nothing happened to him." Brad answers.

"Good. Everything is set, everyone is where they are supposed to be and we are waiting for him. You may bring him any time. This will take all night." Gabe says.