Chapter 45

Chapter 45

*******Trigger Warning for Mentions of Drug Use, Graphic Violence, and Rape*******

Brad was headed over to the other side of the prison to find Gabe and present him with the information he had acquired from his meeting with his "old friend," Andy. He didn't really know where exactly Gabe was, so he pulled out the list of vampires that he had separated by which side of the prison they were on and began checking each one's cell on the list. He starts off with Alex Mahone. Wait what? Alex, the inmate that found Stump and was Sawyer's right-hand man in the Simon City Royals was a vampire? That's news to him. It doesn't take him long to reach his cell. He bangs on the bars to get his attention.

"Hey Brad. What do you need?" Alex asked.

"I'm looking for Gabe. I know he was on this side of the prison recruiting vampires for his plan. I didn't know where to start, so I came to you because you were the closest. Have you seen him?" Brad asks.

"Yeah. He was just here trying to recruit me, but I can't help because it might jeopardize my position with Sawyer. He said he was headed to the next vampire on his list. I believe his name was Luke Davis and his cell was N-84. You should try there. One more thing, I am currently keeping my true nature a secret, so it doesn't upset the balance of power in my gang. If you disclose the fact that I'm a vampire to anyone, I will kill you. Got it?" Alex threatens.

"Yes, I got it loud and clear. You aren't a vampire, just a simple human. Thank you for the info." Brad responds and heads to N-84 where he will hopefully find Gabe talking to Luke Davis.

He ends up catching up to Gabe before he reaches cell block N. They stop in the hallway for a minute.

"Gabe! Gabe! You know that information you asked me to find?" Brad asks.

"Yes, what of it?" Gabe asks.

"I found what you were looking for." Brad shares.

"Really? That was quick!" Gabe comments.

"When I found out that Stump wouldn't be out of surgery any time soon, I started digging. I started looking for it on the computer in the guards' main office. I got pretty close to finding the information when it brought up a screen saying I didn't have access to that information and that my security clearance wasn't high enough to obtain that information, which is weird! I usually have access to everything. Someone must not want all the guards to have access to that information. I'm not sure why though. After that ended up being a dead end, the only other option I had was to go back and visit my "old friend" Andy, so I headed to his office again. I told him that I was writing a book on the different prison gangs and how they functioned inside of the prison. I asked him if I could pick his brain for some information. He said yes and that he would do me one better. He went to his second filing cabinet and pulled out a file. Inside was a list of all the gangs in this prison, all their members, and their places in the prison hierarchy. Then he explained to me more about how the gangs work in the prisons and that he only intervenes if the gang violence gets out of hand or happens to start riots. I got him to make me a copy of the whole file before I told him I had to leave. I brought the pertinent info on the Nuestra Familia gang with me, so you could have a look." Brad explains.

"Wow! I'm impressed! Good job, Brad. Let me see!" Gabe asks.

Before Brad gets the chance to show him, they are approached by another guard.

"Excuse me, who are you two and what are you doing on my cell block?" He asks.

"Well, you see Brad here is my personal guard. We were just returning from a meeting that I had with some members of my gang that are housed on this side of the prison. We got terribly lost and now we have no idea where we are. Somehow, we ended up on cellblock N and we were trying to retrace our steps in order to find out where we made a wrong turn." Gabe informs him.