Chapter 14

I'm not good at writing, so please bear with my errors. Thank you!

Stacie's POV

The board room was silent as I went inside. The tension is in the air. Everyone is waiting for Her to arrive. Pero hindi nagtagal ay dumating din siya, Kenny stood behind Ms Dela Vega as she took everyone in.

Her eyes met mine for a second, and I saw no hesitation nor knowing behind them. I bet she's mad at me for leaving again. She's fully in business mode.

"So. I want to keep today's meeting relatively short. I've already scanned the reports you all emailed. Mark, I want to take a moment to discuss -" she was cut dahil biglang nagsalita yung Mark

"Nicky is partially at fault -"

"Are you serious?" Biglang sabat naman ni Nicky

"What's going on here? and why are you bickering like children? " medyo pagalit na tanong niya

"My apologies, Ms. Dela Vega. It's just that Nicky fully refused to meet with me and discuss -" he was interrupted again by Nicky. Jusko po, this is chaos.

"I already explained to you everything. I don't understand why you're bringing this up now."

As I looked at Ms Dela Vega, taas kilay lang siyang nakatingin sa dalawa, like she's observing a tennis match. Pero hindi nagtagal, she interrupted in a cool and dangerous voice.

"Are you two finished?"

"Yes, Ms Dela Vega" sabay sagot nang dalawa habang nakayuko

"Mark, your figures are not what I expected. Find a way to work with Nicky on how to rectify this, I don't care how you do it and Interrupt me again and try to grass on each other like frightened children and I'll treat you as such. Understood?"

"Yes, Ms Dela Vega" sagot naman ni Mark

Bigla naman akong nagulat nang bumaling ito sakin

"Is there a reason, I don't have my coffee yet?" Taas kilay niyang tanong

I had lingered a second too long and felt everyone's eyes on me

"My apologies, Ms. Dela Vega." Agad naman ako kumuha

As I strolled and checked, everyone was busy checking their notes and figures. I went to her side, pouring her coffee the way she liked it. I turned to face her. I placed a bowl of strawberries in front of her.

"Could I interest you in some strawberries, perhaps?" Her mouth dropped open as she turned to look at me. She raised her eyebrow, but my face gave nothing away as her eyes slowly drew up to meet mine. I could see the thoughts running through her mind, and then she smiled.

"No, thank you, Stacie. I'm not in the mood for strawberries, " she said, looking away

___________________________________________________

Kesha's POV

Strawberries. Stacie, she knew what she was doing. Her little flirtatious game was in the middle of a meeting. As I broke my thoughts, I saw my department heads gaping at mukhang gulat na gulat.

"What are you all staring at?" I snapped, and they looked away. Problema nang mga to?

"It's just nice to see you cracked a smile in the middle of all this Ms. Dela Vega" Kenny interrupted at inabot ang isang strawberry

"Don't get used to it," I rolled my eyes at him. But I can feel something's off. Everyone is looking at me and Stacie, then back at their papers.

"Did I miss something?" I asked everyone