Chapter 23

Stacie's POV

I'm currently on my way to my father's company.

"Kuya matagal pa ba?" sabi ko taxi driver

"Sorry ma'am mukhang my aksidenta sa dulo."

I checked my phone, and I'm going to be late. Stella kept on calling and messaging me that Lucy and the board were already inside the meeting room.
I checked the surroundings mukhang malapit na lang naman ako kaya I decided to pay the taxi and went out right. Patakbong lakad ang ginawa ko, bahala na kahit nagmumukha akong tanga.

As I arrived, nagmamadaling lumapit sakin si Stella

"Where the hell have you been? You're 10 minutes late."

"I know, just get out of the way, Stella." Hinihingal pa ko

"Did you run or walk here?"

"Traffic." I said. I composed and fixed myself kahit na pawis na pawis ako.

As I entered the room, the devil greeted me.

"Finally, you decided to show up, Ms Gonzales." Yes, my real last name is Gonzales. Celeste is my mother's maiden name.

"I'm sorry everyone, it's not my intention to make you all wait. There some accident on the way here that causes traf-" but before I could finish Lucy interrupted

"Anyway, where were we?" She said

"Lucy was just giving an excellent presentation on her proposed merger. Please take a moment to compose yourself." My Dad said while crossing his arms. While I was checking myself, Lucy continued her presentation. All I could hear was how the whole board wowed at her. Until she was done.

"Good morning, everyone. we have seen what  Stevens has to offer, but as the daughter of Gonzales's I believe that there's another direction we can take the company in. We have risen about 30% of income this quarter." As I went along with my presentation, I made sure that I would not be intimidated by the way they looked at me, I made sure all of the figures I presented with confidence. So that they will not think that I don't know anything about what's happening within the company.

"You both can step outside while we discuss," Dad commanded

I went outside, and Lucy came behind me.

"What?" Taas kilay kong tanong

"Don't worry, I'm not going to mention your boss, I'm confident that I have the board's approval. I played fair and square Stacie. Turning up late for this meeting is a big turn-off to them, you know. Make sure to tell your boss not to keep you late."

"Maybe try to be less jealous, Lucy, especially on the fact na kahit sa mga laruan mo, hindi mo ko kayang mapagod the way she can." Sagot ko naikinagulat niya. I can see how irritated and angry she is. Lumapit ako sa kanya and whispered "Ops, sorry. Don't worry, Lucy, I'm sure Tessa never has to fake it. The way I did, at least."

I mentally laughed because of her reaction pero bago pa siya nakapagsalita ay lumabas si Dad.

"Thank you for your proposals. We all need some time to deliberate. There will be a vote on Friday. That's enough time to think about what the best for the future of this company also don't forget about the gala on Friday night Stacie and I suppose both of you can be civil for a night."

"Of course, Mr Gonzales, I am willing to put aside our differences for the night. I'm not sure about your daughter, though." She said.

"Of course, I can be civil," I answered

"Good to hear." Agad naman umalis si Dad papuntang office niya. Kaya naiwan na namn kami nang tukmol kong ex.

"What I can get you on Friday? Maybe roses? I appreciate your effort earlier, but let's face it, Stacie. Your company will be under me." She winked and walked away bago pa ko makapagsalita. Agad naman akong pumunta sa opisana ni Stella.