Chapter 40

Stacie's POV

Dahil sa kaba na nararamdaman ko hindi ko maiwasan mautal.

"I..umm there's nothing-" I stuttered hindi ko alam ang sasabihin ko.

"Stacie, please don't insult my intelligence by attempting to lie to me. I assure you, I'm not here to berate you. Lord knows I'm not here to judge you."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, you have no idea, don't you? Your father never-"

"I'm sorry po pero anong kinalaman ni Dad?"

"Stacie, how old were you when your mother passed?"

"13 po, why?"

"Your mother and I used to be friends you know. We all did, Santino and Kesha's father were great friends. They have known each other since college. Did you know that?" Tanong niya

"No, they alwyas hated each other. Lumaki akong sinasabi ni dad na Dela Vega's are enemy." Saad ko. Palagi yun ung sinsabi ni Dad dati kaya hindi ko pinaalam sa kanya na doon ako nag trabaho kasi alam kong sobra siyang magagalit

"Yes, well that became the case after.." she took a deep breath "after what happened to your mother and Vincent "  saad niya na sobrang ikinagulat ko

"What?!"

She sighed "Come inside with me, dear. I'll tell you everything, but please do hold your judgment to your mother after I've finished."

Pagkapasok namin sa loob ay dumerecho kami sa kusina, nag init muna siya nang tubig. Hindi ko alam ang dapat maramdaman Kaba ba dahil alam niya ang sa amin ni Liv or galit o pangamba dahil sa malalaman ko.

"Before we had children your parents, my ex-husband and I would go out together. Vincent and I were just friends since during college I had a boyfriend and that was  Keirra's father. Until our relationship didn't work out. It was hard for me to be a mother at such a young age, my parents were really mad they brought me to the U.S. After many years, I came back and Vincent pursued me and got married until we had Kesha.  We all decided to meet up. Your father and Vincent had their businesses and even at that time, they were already talking about merging them, despite being competitors. We all attended events, galas, and private lunches together. Your mother and I were also close especially when I was pregnant with Kesha she always visited me and she never fail a day to message me. Then after a few years, she got pregnant with Stella after she was born, your mother told me that she started to have nightmares, there was a time when she would just put her down and walk away and Stella would cry and cry." 

Saad niya and I saw how she took a deep breath. I didn't know that Mom went through that.

"Your father moved on a different room, she told me na palagi silang nag aaway. Dahil gusto daw ni Santino mag hire nang yaya para ky Stella pero ayaw nang mom mo. Maybe it's her pride, I don't know. She once said that she had this voice in her head whispering what kind of mother she would be if she could not handle her baby. She also said that she was able to raise you without any problem or help."

"Hindi ko alam na ganon pala pinagdaan ni Mom after giving birth to Stella,"

"That's understandable Stacie, you were only 3 or 4 during that time. Let me make us a coffee first and we'll continue." Saad niya habang nag titimpla siya hindi ko maiwasan na malungkot dahil sa nangyari ky mommy, pero hindi ko maiwasan mag isip kung ano ba talaga ang nangyari, bumalik lang ako sa ulirat nang inabot niya sa akin ang kape.

"Let's sit down first," tumango lang ako and sipped on the coffee that she made

"Stacie the reason why I'm telling you this is because I want you to understand, why and what was the reason behind it. Pero hindi ko sinasabi sayo kung ano ang dapat mong maramdaman."