Chapter 21

Stacie's POV

"Lucy?"

"What are you-"

"Before, you say something. You don't have to worry, I got your message loud and clear the last time I sent flowers."

"Then what are you doing here?"

"Relax. Your father told me to see you, so I'm here. Don't worry I didn't mention that you're working here. You need to be there at the board meeting next week. I just want to let you know that be the best friendly face that you have."

"What?"gulat kong tanong

"Oh. Sorry, your Dad did not tell you. I have a proposal for a buyout of Gonzales's that I think the board will find appealing." She said, smirking. I could feel that she felt so happy right now that I couldn't find the words to say.

"Leave!" I said I can't think properly right now. With all this revelation, and she suddenly held my hand when I was about to walk.

"Stacie, I'm always and have been on your side. You need this, or your Dad's company will be bankrupt within a year, and this is not personal. It's just business." Sasagot pa sana ako nang biglang my nagsalita

"Stacie, is everything alright?" She said while looking at me down at my hands that Lucy was currently holding.

"You have a habit of interrupting Dela Vega,"

"You might forget Stevens that you're still within my company's ground. Watch your tone if you don't want my security to drag you out."

"We're done here, Lucy," I said to stop the tension

"I'll see you next week Stacie." She released my hand and walked out.

"What was that all about?" She asked, raising her eyebrow and crossing her arms

I took a deep breath. I don't have a choice but to tell her, but not everything. Not yet, at least. I just told her that my father is planning for us to get married due to family ties.

"Don't let them shake you. If your father can't appreciate everything you've done for him, then f*ck them. I know you're not telling me everything, Stacie. I don't know kung ano ang pumipigil sayo, you know I'll do everything for you, right? Whatever it is. I just need you to trust me." She said, I want to cry and hug her, but I have to be strong for her ayoko kong madamay siya.

"I know, and I trust you. Just please trust me on this, I will not let them dictate me." She suddenly pulled me into a hug, n ikinabigla ko.

"What are you doing?" I asked while she was still hugging me

"Hugging you?"

"I know, but someone might see or -"

Nagulat kami at nag hiwalay bigla dahil biglang my tumikhim.

"Am I interrupting something?" Kenny asked

"No, not at all, Thank you for comforting me, Ms. Dela Vega," I said and left

__________<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>___________<<<<<<<<

Kesha's POV

I'm currently inside the elevator with Kenny. I could feel his eyes all over me.

"What is it, Kenny? Are all the reports done already?" When we arrived inside the office

"Cut the crap Liv."

"What?"

"Oh, come on. I've given you time to tell me."