Chapter 26

Stacie's POV

Parang ayaw ko nang matulog kasi alam ko pagkagising ko wala na siya. I hugged her so tight na sana, sana bukas nasa tabi ko pa rin siya. Hindi ko maiwasan hindi maiyak, I was covering my mouth to stop me from making any sound. At dahil sa pagod sa kakaiyak hindi ko namalayan at naktulog ako

The next morning, nangyari nga ang kinakatakot ko. I woke up and I was alone. I decided that a long shower would help me clear my mind and prepare my body for what was to come.

I will meet Louise and listen to whatever agreement she has to discuss. There's no harm in listening to her about what she has to offer to save both of our family's businesses.

As my father said, I will not let my pride get in the way. Now, Liv and I were done, with no more complications. And I think this is what fate wants us to do, fixing our life first.

I fixed myself and waited for the cab to arrive.

After 30 mins, I arrived at Freddy's.

"I'm here to meet Louise Atria."
ko sa clerk

"Ms. Gonzales?" Tumango ako "Ms. Atria is at her usual table. Please allow George to escort you."

As we approached her table. She smiled widely as she saw us approaching, I was kind of annoyed when I saw the satisfaction on her face.

"Good afternoon Stacie, glad you can join me." She greeted

"You seem so sure that I was coming."

"I was sure that you would consider it. And considering it was the best option and you're an intelligent woman."sabi niya na ikinataas nang kilay ko

"Arrogant," I said

"Confident, there's a difference." She said and winked "Would you care for a drink?" She smiled again, her smile was something that could melt. Umiwas na lang ako nang tingin.

"So would like the same wine I ordered for you last time? I intended to wow you that time."

"It takes a lot to wow me."

"Oh, I don't doubt that." She said and waved her hand to the waiter. "Give us one bottle of Bordeaux 1982 Chateau Latour."

"Right away, ma'am."

"So before we start with everything, I think we should talk."

"I agree, I will let you see all the report-"

"No, Stacie not about our companies, about us. I told you a lot yesterday, but there is still more to tell."

"Like what?" Curious kong tanong

"Well...What do you want to know?"

"Hmmm.. what would you prefer head or heart?" I asked this is the first question I had in mind

"I think business-wise I am very much driven by my head. I don't mix business with pleasure. My heart is more on family, I'm actually kind of soft when it comes to them. If my mom raises her eyebrow, I feel like a little girl. I would do everything for them."

"You have a sister, right? Are you too close?"

"Oh, I almost forgot that you Googled it."

"It just came up when I searched you. Does she work here, in your company?"

"No, she doesn't." Her tone changed like she didn't want to talk about her

"Sorry, did I overstep?"

"No, no you didn't. It's just that..me and my sister
have some issues. She's someone who thinks that she doesn't need anyone. I've tried to help her before when she needed me, but stubborn as she declined our offer. We used to be close, we only had almost 3 year age gap, and I felt very responsible for her. But there's time before that she will act without thinking, of anyone else's feelings. She upset our parents especially our mother more times than I can count. I tried to talk to her and tell her off, but she's someone who doesn't like being told what to do."