Chapter 25

Stacie's POV

"You? What are you doing here?" Gulat kong tanong

"I invited them." He said

"But why?"

"Stacie I think we've ever formally met. I'm Katherine Atria, I believe you already know my daughter."

"Unfortunately," I answered glaring at Louise

"She's direct Santino I like that." She said smirking

"Okay Stacie, let's sit down and discuss," Dad said

"Let's be honest and straight to the point. My company is also struggling right now, we may be under the impression of being the most successful company, but internally most of the board is having some demands. Me and your father built our company for our children's future. We don't want some people will just go ahead and take it from us."

"What are you trying to say?"

"I know you already have an idea, Stacie. It appears to be a twist of fate that the two of you met. Especially when it seems that you are the answer to each other's problem."

"Let's be frank. Stacie, sweetheart I support your decision not to marry Lucy. The merger is needed to stop the company from going under. Atria's board is planning to sell their shares. Our board wants us to merge and the same with Atria's end. So it would be the best and we decided that instead of biting each other's head, we would work together instead. You will be marrying Kierra."

"Dad? Naka shabu ka ba? What are you saying?"

"Stacie calm down. I know it's a lot to take in."

"Dad, seriously? calm down? What do you think of me? Some prize that you can just throw and marry anyone that you like!"

"It isn't about that. Stacie, there's no time. If this happened years ago, we would let both of you know each other first and see what happens."

"Clearly your father tried with the Stevens and look what happened." Ms Atria said

"Oh, for God's sake." I heard Louise mumble

"Kierra, just leave it to me."

"Sorry, do I not have to say anything?" I can sense that she's irritated already

"We discussed this." Her mom said at bumaling sakin "Anyway. You have to acknowledge that you're both women. Yes, it's 2023 and yes you have rights and I support you. You can hashtag me too. But let's face it the investors and shareholders are ancient men and women. They have old-fashioned ideas. It doesn't have to be immediate, we have to draw prenups and discuss how the businesses split."

"Okay, one small problem, your daughter is married. Unless you expect me to be a mistress? I'm done with this conversation."

"Please excuse us."my dad said, and they went out of the office "Stacie you need to think about this. We will lose everything."

"And whose fault is that?" I asked

"That's why we're taking action about this. Your pride is only standing in your way. Please..think it over."

"I'm leaving Dad," I said and walked out but before I could leave the house someone grabbed my hand

"Stacie we need to talk."

"What about?"

"About this all f*cked up situation we're in."

"Oh, I thought we were talking about you being married. Perhaps try to explain why were you flirting with me behind your wife's back?"