12| Chef Reverie

Italy is so beautiful

Italy is so beautiful. I realised it after 22 years of my life because I never really had the chance to explore this paradise. Now, that I'm married I feel free. Isn't it strange? Because once you're married, you're bound to so many things! But I feel the freedom, I never did.

Remind me to thank Dari for that!

I stand outside in his balcony. The dawn was arriving and the birds started chirping. I smiled as I took a deep long breath. For the first time feeling the air get into my lungs.

I feel happy. The idea itself was so strange, I never experienced it untill now. Until this very moment. All because of Dari.

"Reverie?" I hear his husky sleepy voice. Turning around, I find him rubbing his eyes. His naked chest with so many tattoos scattered around. A single silver chain resting on his neck. His grey sweats hanging low on his waist .

"Goodmorning!" I grin. His grumpy face softened and he gave me a nod, gesturing me towards him. As I start walking towards him, he grabs a soft fir shawl and wrap it around my shoulders.

"You'll get sick" He muttered.
Hehe, he's so cute!.

"Thankyou Dari"

I decide to check on Theo as he was staying on the floor below ours. He insisted on sleeping alone and giving us some "us time". Whatever that is. I need this kid's dictionary

As I reach his room. I knock on the huge shiny door. Hearing a soft 'come in' , I make my way inside the room. The room was filled with his favourite cars and cartoons. The walls, sheets, lights. Everything reminded me of the things I could never provide him with.

My heart swell as I saw him cuddled up in his blankie of cars. He had a grin on his face and was holding a toy in his hand.

"Hey kiddo. You like it here?" I ask sitting beside him. He put his head on my lap and look up with those light brown eyes.

"Like? I love it here! Darius looked mean at first but he's so good! He bought me so many toys and he even put a mini fridge in my room. See, there!
Y'know he even bought me my favorite snacks and clothes. He was a little mean though, he didn't talk much . But he bought whatever I put my hand on.
That's so cool! "

I want to cry.

Theo seems so happy. Dari did everything for him. He doesn't like kids, it seems though but still he let him stay here and bought him so many things.

Shall I give him a thankyou gift?
Yes!

"Theo do you want to bake a cake for Dari?" He nodded energetically and got out of bed. I quickly pull him to the kitchen downstairs but a female stops me.