30| The Famous Four

"Reverie's dad abused her" I spread my legs and lean back in the chair, unbuttoning my shirt a little

"Reverie's dad abused her" I spread my legs and lean back in the chair, unbuttoning my shirt a little. Dad threw the water out of his mouth as the words rolled out of my tongue.

Saint doesn't seem to believe me, he continues munching on his cake however the grave expression on my face was enough for him to realise that I won't joke about my precious wife. She deserves the world.
Marcus clenched his jaw and cracked his knuckles,

"Che cazzo stai dicendo? Sei ubriaco?" Dad yelled at me. He almost threw the bottle of champagne on the floor but decided otherwise when he remembered Theo and Reverie sleeping in their rooms.
(Translation: what the fuck are you saying? Are you drunk?)

"Me lo ha detto papà. Ho visto anche le cicatrici" I pinch the bridge of my nose. Blood rushing in my veins as the flashbacks of her showing me her wounds come in my mind.
(Translation: she told me dad. I even saw the scars)

My baby suffered for way too long.

"Shall I bring him to you?" Marcus asked cleaning his gun. I smirk leaning back, a dark sinister chuckle leaving my throat. I tsk and shake my head,

"Tsk tsk, why would you want to trouble my dear father-in-law.... we'll go to him. He too deserves a surprise " Dad might have looked pleased as I finish my sentence but his white knuckles and veins popping were enough of evidence to show the anger building inside of him.

"Take  my car out, I'll check on my wife once" Marcus nodded and exited the room. Dad and Saint got ready to leave while I walk upstairs to our room. On the way, I check on theo.

That kid sleeps like a starfish. I cover his legs with a warm blanket and turn the AC on. He snores too. Looking at him for a while, something breaks inside of me knowing now what conditions he's been brought up in. No matter how harsh his parents were to him, He never let it reflect his personality. Theo
till day, is one of the most mature kids I've ever seen. I gently run my hand along his forehead and leave the room. Hoping that I could one day, Provide him with everything he needs.

My shoes hit the Italian marble floor as I walk towards our room. My heart already beating faster than ever. I won't be surprised if It suddenly pops out. Without making a sound, I open the door.
The room was pitch dark with just a panda night lamp near my wife's table. She slept with Mr. Gogo, her leg on top of his body.

I make my way towards her side of the bed and take a seat near her. She doesn't bulge one bit. Running my tatted hand along her soft face, I clear the strands of hair falling on her face.

In that moment, she looked so precious, so innocent. I'd do anything to protect her. I'd die for her. No matter what it takes, I will make sure that nothing ever hurts her again. But the thought of her seeing the files shake me up. I don't want anything to hurt her, not even the truth I've been hiding from her since so long.