14| Complaints

I sometimes wanted to go home

I sometimes wanted to go home. Even when I used to be at home. Now that I think about it, I think home isn't always a place, it could be a thing, a person or a feeling. A feeling of seeing light in the window before the dawn arrives, cuddling with your partner on a winter morning, feeling safe. For me, That was home.

And the sad part was, that I hadn't ever experienced it.
I had not once in my life felt safe in my own house. For me, my biggest danger were my parents.
My guardians.

Maybe I deserve it. Maybe all the beatings and words dad said to me were true. Just maybe. Because there was no way, I had done so many crimes in my previous life that I was paying for them since I was eight. That my own parents despised me so much.

I'm just happy that Dari doesn't hurt me, he doesn't even scold me. He doesn't talk much but okay! Atleast he doesn't beat me up!!

I'm happy. I close my eyes, a soft smile lingering on my face. Do you hear that mom? Dad? Zane?
My husband doesn't hit me! He's so nice to me. I think I like him, just a teeny weeny bit, but I do.

I even feel funny when he comes near me! Isn't that an awe moment. I don't think Dari likes me though, I mean who does. Except Theo and Mr. Simon and Hayley. Hehe.

"Yo!" I wave at one of Dari's minions. He always have a grave expression on his face, like his grandma died. Oops, sorry grandma. As soon as he sees me, he turns his head towards me. Why are his glasses bigger than his head? . He just gives me a nod and goes back to looking straight.

"Why don't you ever smile? Does dari cut off your salary? Do you want me to talk to him?" I whisper the last part to him, but I was basically talking to his chest.
Why are all the men here so tall?

He cleared his throat but didn't speak anything.
*Gasp* Meanie.

"K then, bye buddy" I wave his goodbye as I continue hopping towards Dari's office. Dari had almost ten of his minions standing after ever five steps as I walked towards his office. I wave at each of them and they all bend forward nodding at me, what if their heads clash together. Hehe

"May I come in?" I ask, poking my head in his office again.

Dari was seated on his desk with so many files infront of him. His glasses, which I saw him wearing for the first time, rested on his nose and his white shirt was rolled up, exposing his tatted veiny arms. His shirt was slightly unbuttoned displaying his gold chain and tattoos. His thick long fingers typed something on the laptop and his rings gleamed through the lights.