Meeting New People

Confused he continues to hold up his hands while asking, "huh?"

Before she can reply, he hears footsteps running towards them while a guy shouts, "Tohka?! Stop running!"

She looks back while shouting with glee, "Shido!!! I caught the person that was watching us!!!"

The boy responds, "wait? Someone was watching? Hang on I'll be right there!"

Realizing that he will soon be outnumbered and was most likely going to be in trouble, he uses her being turned away from him as an opportunity, he rolls to his side away from the sword then gets to his feet and frantically runs in the opposite direction as fast as humanly possible. He hears the girl shouting, "Hey! He's getting away!!!"

Burchard then hears the sound of trees crashing to the ground while the girl screams, "GET BACK HERE!!!"

Without looking at his pursuer he screams back, "ARE YOU CRAZY!?!? YOU'LL KILL ME IF I DO!!!"

He dips, dives and dodges the assortment of trees and vegetation in his path while from the sound of it his pursuer is simply bulldozing through everything in their path. Ahead he sees glimpses of light seeping through the trees and thinking it was his salvation, he sprints with all his might until finally breaking through the trees.... And comes to the sudden realization that the ground dips substantially at the tree line. He also comes to the sudden realization that with his current moment he was now airborne but also that the ground was coming at him with increasing speed.

THUD!!!

Burchard lays face down in the sand while muttering to himself in a muffled voice, "that hurt."

With what little energy he had left, he rolls onto his back and gasps for air while thinking out loud, "well at least I lost...."

His thought was interrupted by the sight of the same girl from before, sword and all, leaping out of the forest and into the air above him with sword held height while screaming, "HAHA!!! YOU CANT GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!"

Unable to move he frantically raises his arms to protect himself while squealing with his eyes closed, "DON'T HURT ME!!!"

"TOHKA STOP!!!!"

Burchard lies there frozen in place and waiting for his end to come... but after a few moments realizes that nothings happening. He slowly opens his eyes and sees the same sword from before a mere inch from his nose with the owner of said sword standing over top of him while sporting an annoyed expression. She looks back at the forest and in an a strangely disappointed tone whines, "Shido! Why do I have to stop?"

Burchard looks past her and sees a boy with short blue hair and brown eyes wearing shorts and a tee shirt with his hands on his knees, out of breath and standing in front of a conveniently carved out path in the forest. He stands up right while still trying to catch his breath but is able to blurt out, "because you can't just kill him!!!"

Burchard looks at this boy as if he where a heavenly angel sent forth to save him in his time of need as the girl says back with a confused tone, "I wasn't going to kill him?"

Both Burchard and the boy look at her with equal amounts of confusion which causes the boy to ask, "then why are you using your sword?"

Without thinking Burchard also asks, "yeah! Why are you using a sword?"

While still pointing the sword in his face, she ignores Burchard and replies to they boy, "because it made getting through the woods so much easier!"

The boy looks back at the path she effortlessly cut while scratching his head then looks back and says, "you have a point."