A Simple Question

After picking himself up off the floor and rearranging the classroom as best he could, Burchard walks out of the room and makes his way down the hall, though he wasn't able to enjoy the quiet stroll as he keeps thinking about what just happened while saying, "I'm so confused.... What was all that about? She seemed so nice during class but just randomly tackled me?"

He sighs disheartedly at this dilemma while continuing, "Though at least now that I'm alone, this day can't get any weirder than...."

SLAM!!!

As he was walking past an open door, someone reached out from the shadows and grabbed him but before he could react, they more or less drag him into the dark classroom and slams him against the white board. Now pinned and unable to move along with being blinded by the sudden darkness, he panics while attempting to break free while shouting, "what the hell is going on?"

As his eyes start to adjust to the darkness, the shadowy figure that has him pinned against the wall takes form and a pair of cold emotionless eyes stare back at him. He looks at them with a mix of shock and confusion but with the shadowy figure fully taking form he becomes shocked at who he sees while muttering, "hang on, I know you! Your that girl from class.... Origami?"

Origami stares back at him blankly while ignoring what he had just said while saying, "we need to talk."

Though he now recognized who was pinning him to the wall, this doesn't seem to ease his fear as he tries to pry her hands off himself while snapping, "let me go right now!"

To his dismay and confusion, her grip on him remains unchanged as she continues to look at him with the same emotionless expression while once again saying calmly, "we need to talk."

Quickly realizing that he had no choice in the matter and with her strength, he feared what she'd do to him if he didn't comply, so he simply responds, "fine."

Though there was little change in her expression or grip, she replies, "good.... Now I have a question for you."

Not exactly surprised by this though he was quite alarmed by her methods so he asks, "and you couldn't have just asked me normally?"

Unfazed she replies, "trying to talk to you normally would be a hassle, therefor I chose the most direct approach."

Not exactly surprised by this he sheepishly chuckles then responds, "yeah. This is pretty direct.... So what exactly did you wanna ask?"

Yet again she seemed unfazed while replying, "what do you think?"

He looks back at her confused though with an idea coming to mind, he responds, "you wanna ask me out?"

To his surprise, she only blinks back at him as if trying to comprehend what he said until she finally asks, "huh?"

He innocently smiles back at her while replying, "I mean don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort you put into all this just to confess to me and I truly am touched, however I think we should get to know each other first."

He attempts to pry her hands off him while continuing, "so why don't we go to a café or something for something to drink and get to know each other better. I need to go to the bathroom so why don't you let me go so I can go then we can meet up later?"

He continues to smile innocently back at her in hopes that she would let him go but to his dismay she doesn't and instead looks at him with mild confusion while asking, "what are you talking about?"

Now getting nervous he replies, "that's why I'm here right? You wanted to ask me out on a date?"

To his surprise and relief, her grip slightly loosens as her eyebrow raises while saying, "no. Unfortunately for you, a different boy already holds the key to my heart.... And anything else he may ask for."

For some strange reason, this response seems to annoy him as his eye starts to twitch in an attempt to hold back his anger but with it finally boiling over and seeming to forget about the parrel he was in, he snaps, "oh come on!!! Then why am I here?"

Surprised by the response she asks, "Oh? I didn't realize that you would be so angry that I was already taken, I must say I'm flattered."

To her surprise his rage filled eyes seem to dissipate and he attempts to hold back laughter to her confusion but before she could ask, he bursts out laughing. She becomes annoyed while asking, "what could possibly be funny?"

He was able to stop laughing and responds, "Because it's hilarious!!! We just met!!! And this has been the only conversation we've ever had. What? Do you think it was love at first sight? I mean don't get me wrong, your pretty cute but there's more to it then just that."

She was confused by his response but not because he didn't love her. No it was something else he said, something important.

She continues to stand there in silent contemplation to the confusion of Burchard who slowly stops smiling and becomes confused but before he could ask, she suddenly lets go of him which causes him to fall to the ground in a heap. He slowly sits up and looks up at her with annoyance while snapping, "hey! You could have just let me go normally instead of dropping me."

To his growing annoyance, she stands in front of him motionlessly but before he could say anything, she bows to him while saying, "thank you for answering my question."

Now more confused than annoyed he asks, "what are you talking about? I didn't tell you anything?"

Seemingly ignoring his question, she stands upright and looks down at him with her usual emotionless expression while saying, "that is all for today, though I will most likely have more questions, therefor you should be prepared to talk again in the near future."   

Hearing this causes a feeling of dread to start to consume him as his head drops in defeat while muttering, "you gotta be kidding me."

When he looks back up though, he sees her walking out of the room while saying, "farewell Burchard. I will be seeing you soon."

Hearing this only causes his head to drop once more while muttering sarcastically, "looking forward to it."

Outside, Origami walks down the hall alone and holding a hand to her chin while his words play on repeat in her head, "We just met!!! And this has been the only conversation we've ever had. We just met!!! And this has been the only conversation we've ever had. We just met!!! And this has been the only conversation we've ever had."

She knew what she heard and wasn't mistaken as she thinks out loud, so the rumors and reports were true. He did lose his memory, and if he doesn't remember anything, then he has no idea how he survived a direct attack from a spirit."

Pausing at a window, she looks out while continuing, "it seems I have more investigating to do."