Realizations

Burchard snoozes soundly face up on his towel, though he is suddenly awoken by the sound of something rubber hitting what sounded like a wall at great speed. Still half a sleep, he notices something soft under his head while slowly opening his eyes and looks up at the beach umbrella, he asks himself, "how long was I out?"

"Reply: not long, maybe 20 minutes."

To his surprise, his vision is filled with Yuzuru who looks down at him with a small smile though from the angle which he was look up at her from he asks, "uh? Is my head on your lap?"

She nods then replies, "reply: yes it is."

With her eyebrow raised she asks, "inquiry: is that a bad thing?"

He smiles back at her while shaking his head then replies, "no, just wanted to make sure I wasn't still dreaming."

The comment causes her cheeks to turn red but instead of trying to look away to hide her embarrassment, her smile grows as she starts to run her fingers through his hair while saying, "confirmation: that is good to hear."

A thought comes to mind causing him to ask, "what was that sound?"

She looks back at him with a raised eyebrow while asking, "inquiry: what sound?"

He replies, "it sounded like something rubber hitting a wall."

She puts her other hand to her chin and looks up into the air while thinking, then with a look of realization, she looks in front of her and points while saying, "confirmation: Yuzuru thinks that is what you heard."

He looks over to where she was pointing and to his surprise, sees Shido sprawled out on the sand with a volleyball firmly planted in his face while Kaguya kneels next to him and desperately tries to shake him awake. Now concerned but still laying down he asks, "what happened to him?"

She replies, "reply: it appears he was struck by a volleyball."

He chuckles a bit then responds, "yeah that is kinda obvious."

He sits up and starts looking around while continuing, "but where did it come from?"

He quickly gets an answer to his question when he sees Tohka storming over to them with a look of sheer rage covering her face while origami follows close behind and even though she showed little emotion as usual, the dark aura engulfing her made it obvious that she was indeed pissed. They get to where they all were sitting just as Shido comes back to life and shakes the ball off his face while asking, "what happened?"

His question is answered by Tohka who stands in front of him while saying in as forced of a calm voice as possible, "sorry Shido. My hand slipped, though I guess it was partially your fault."

Confused he asks, "my fault? How?"

She starts to innocently smile bath at him but In the same forced calm voice replies while pointing at Kaguya, "because I got distracted when I saw your slimy hands all over her back."

Finding herself being pointed at, Kaguya becomes annoyed while snapping, "hey! It's not my fault that he couldn't help himself while putting his hands all over me!"

Tohka's attention turns back to Shido and while her eye twitches she asks, "so you couldn't help yourself huh?"

Shido on the other hand looks back at her petrified while trying to find a way out of the hole he was currently being buried in though before he could defend himself, he notices Origami suddenly lying face down in front of him while saying, "if touching a girls back is what excites you then by all means use me."

Surprised by the girl now lying in front of him, he finds himself only able to mutter, "huh?"

Before he could make a proper response, Tohka starts to visibly fume while blurting out, "hey! That's not fare!!!"