Hurt

A little while later, Kaguya and Yuzuru sit alone in front of the small fire on the beach. Kaguya looks around as If she lost something and noticing this, yuzuru asks, "inquiry: what are you looking for?"

Kaguya continues to look while saying, "Shido said he needed to go put something in his hotel room and wouldn't be gone long but he still hasn't come back."

Noticing something else, Kaguya asks, "speaking of missing targets, Where's Burchard?"

While still looking at the small fire, Yuzuru replies, "reply: he said he need some time alone."

A devious thought comes to mind as Kaguya looks back at her sister with a sly grin while asking, "so he finally get tired of you?"

Yuzuru looks back at her blankly while replying, "rebuttal: Burchard and Yuzuru have plans to spend more time together. He just wished to have some time alone to think."

Kaguya continues to smile at her slyly and nudges her arm with her elbow while saying, "don't be in denial and just admit it, he ditched you and now your just making up excuses."

Yuzuru looks back at her annoyed but before she could respond shido comes walking down the beach towards them which causes Kaguya to say with glee, "ah Shido! I knew you you couldn't stay away from me!"

He kinda awkwardly chuckles at her remark then responds, "yeah. Guess you could say that."

He sits down with them but for some reason he seems off, though it doesn't feel like it's due to being uncomfortable by Kaguya's comments but instead it seems as if he needs to tell them something but doesn't know how to. Honing in on this, Kaguya looks at him with a raised eyebrow while asking, "what's wrong?"

Realizing that he can't hide it, he sighs disheartedly then says, "well it has to do with Burchard."

Hearing his name causes Yuzuru to look over at him with a feeling of concern from his tone while Kaguya asks, "did something happen to him?"

He nervously scratches the back of his head while saying, "uh well the thing is...."

Annoyed by the stalling Yuzuru snaps, "Demand: tell Yuzuru what happened to Burchard."

Knowing he couldn't hide it, Shido steels himself then says firmly, "Burchard is gone."

Caught off by the response, Kaguya looks at him with confusion while an eerie silence takes over the whole beach until she asks, "what do you mean he's gone?"

Shido replies, "I don't exactly know what happened but when I ran into him at the hotel, he seemed angry but before I could ask he told me he was leaving then stormed off towards the airport."

Now shocked, Kaguya doesn't know what to say but realizing that there was now a problem with their competition, she asks, "wait but what about the competition? I wanted to win but this doesn't seem fair."

Shido puts a hand to his chin to think for a moment then replies, "well I am still willing to let the competition to be for my heart alone?"

Kaguya thinks about what he suggested but not coming up with any better ideas, she nods while replying, "I'm okay with that."

She looks back to Yuzuru, who has been eerily quiet for this whole conversation, while asking, "does that work.... For....."

Her sentence trails off when she sees Yuzuru sitting there with a look of shock covering her face but what catches her off guard the most is the streams of tears running down her cheeks that drip from her chin onto the sand below. Concerned but thinking she knows what was up, Kaguya says, "Don't worry Yuzuru, you might think I have an advantage but I haven't been able to make much headway in winning his heart."

She starts to chuckle guiltily while scratching the back of her head and saying, "In all honesty, you probably have an advantage since Shido's probably getting sick of dealing with me by now."

To her dismay, tears continue to roll down Yuzuru's cheeks, in fact she seems to be falling deeper into despair which causes the concern Kaguya was feeling to grow as she asks, "Yuzuru? What's wrong?"

Yuzuru continues to stare off into space for another moment but seeming to snap back to reality, she whimpers, "confirmation: it is Yuzuru's fault."

Caught off guard by the statement, Kaguya asks, "what do you mean it's your fault?"

With tears still pouring down her cheeks she whimpers a reply, "confirmation: it is Yuzuru's fault that Burchard left."

With her confusion not being relieved by her response, Kaguya decides to shake her head while responding, "no it isn't. If it's anyones fault, it's his."

Yuzuru shakes her head and looks down at the sand while saying, "rebuttal: It was Yuzuru's selfishness that chased him away."

Undeterred and now getting mad at Burchard, Kaguya says, "there's nothing you could have done to make him run off like that. And if he's that big of a coward to just run off instead of confronting you then he doesn't deserve to fall for you."

For reasons unknown to Kaguya or Shido, Yuzuru continues to cry but starts to glare at them with a fiery rage while snapping, "rebuttal: he is not a coward! He was willing to defend Yuzuru against a groaper and the gathering mob around us with no care for his own well being!"

Caught off guard by the sudden outburst, Shido puts his hands up in an attempt to calm her down while saying, "easy, easy, she didn't say he wasn't brave for doing that but if he was willing to just run off like that, it doesn't make him look good."

To his dismay, she doesn't calm down but instead her anger grows as she snaps at him, "rebuttal: you have no right talking about him like that. You only met him a few days ago and have barely spent anytime with him therefore you have no right to say such things. Especially since you have spent the past two days running from Kaguya."

Annoyed by the way she was talking to her target, Kaguya snaps, "hey! Don't talk to him like that."

Dark storm clouds start to manifest over head as the wind starts to pick up and tosses their long hair around but neither seem to care as Yuzuru gets to her feet and looks down at Kaguya while snapping, "rebuttal: you speak as if he hasn't spent the better part of two days trying to get away from you. If it is obvious, he has no desire to let you win our competition."

Angered by what she is saying, Kaguya stands up and gets in Yuzuru's face while snapping back, "shut up! All you saw were the few bad times! And besides I didn't chase my target off like you did!"

With thunder now roaring over head and the winds becoming strong enough to blow out the fire, Shido realizes that this situation could only deteriorate further, causing him to try to break them up saying, "hang on! there's no need to fight. Let's just calm down and talk things out."

Wether they couldn't hear or simply didn't care to listen to him didn't matter as the winds start to swirl around them both with enough intensity to start kicking up sand which causes Shido to step back and shield his eyes in discomfort while Yuzuru snaps back, "anger: you keep calling him a target. Is he nothing more than an object to you?"

The winds only grow stronger but neither of them seem to be effected as the stand off continues with Kaguya shouting, "like you can say anything!!! There both targets and the only reason your sad that Burchard is gone is because it would mean you lose the competition!!!"

Without thinking Yuzuru shouts back, "rebuttal: Yuzuru doesn't want to win the competition! She is only sad because she told Burchard that and that was why he ran away!"

A silence fills the air as the twins continue to glare at each other intently but the wind slowly dies down as the pair realizes what was just said as Shido looks at Yuzuru with shock but before he could say anything, Kaguya asks with a mix of shock and confusion, "what?"