Heart to Heart

Yuzuru quietly leads Burchard to a more secluded section of the beach while he looks at the back her head with confusion and thinking, "why is she being so quiet? Is there something wrong?"

They stop in front of the shore while she continues to stay silent and stares off over the open ocean. With the water gently washes against their feet and the concern he felt for her continue to grow which causes him to finally ask, "Yuzuru. Is something...."

"Question: can you do Yuzuru a favour?"

Caught off guard by the sudden question, he can't think of anything other than to reply, "sure."

While still looking off into the sunset, she takes in a deep breath as if she was preparing herself for something then finally responds, "inquiry: please do not fall for Yuzuru."

He look at her wide eyed with the magnitude of what she just said taking its toll on his mind but he is able to asks, "but why?"

At this point she basically refuses to look at him while calmly saying, "explanation: it has become apparent that Kaguya is a much better person then Yuzuru could ever be. Therefore she should win and become the true Yamai."

Shocked by this, he tries to process what he just heard until a sudden realization comes to mind, causing him to ask, "but what happens to you?"

She replies calmly, "reply: Losing means Yuzuru will be no more."

Hearing what he suspected what would happened but feeling terrible that he was right makes him realize that there was only one response he could give her, he steels himself while saying, "I'm sorry. But I can't."

She sighs disheartedly at the response she knew she would get but none the less she slowly turns towards him while looking at him with as serious of a look she could pull off while asking, "please?"

The weight of her gaze adds to the heavy feeling he can feel in his heart, as if he couldn't say no yet he still fights on saying, "I can't.... I won't let you die!"

As if knowing what he was going to say but refusing to hear him, she cuts him off saying, "rebuttal: if you truly care about Yuzuru. Then you will respect her wishes."

Realizing that he wasn't going to win this.... Not now at least he looks her in the eyes and while hiding the pain he was feeling, he is able to say, "alright. I will respect your wishes."

With a tear rolling down her cheek while smiling softly she says, "thank you."

Not knowing what else to say, he simply asks, "then what do we do now?"

Thinking for a moment she then asks, "inquiry: Yuzuru has one more request?"

He nods while replying, "yes. What is it?"

She looks at him with the most beautiful smile he had honestly ever seen but he isn't able to enjoy it for long when she asks, "inquiry: please spend the rest of our time together the way you have since first meeting Yuzuru."

He looks at her beautiful smile while unable to say no to her but before he can say anything, they hear Kaguya shouting from a distance, "Yuzuru! Where are you? Where going to have a fire!"

Looking to where she was shouting from, Yuzuru responds, "Response: Yuzuru shall be there shortly."

She looks back at Burchard while her smile disappears and says, "confirmation: we should get back."

She starts walking but stops when she notices him not following him, when she looks back she sees him staring off at the space where she once stood with a blank look on his face. Concerned she walks back and asks, "inquiry: what's the matter?"

Hearing her voice causes him to come back to reality and looks back at her with an innocent smile while saying, "I'm fine. I'm just going to enjoy the view for a bit."

She smiles at him while responding, "confirmation: Yuzuru shall join you."

To her surprise he shakes his head while saying, "sorry but I'd rather watch it alone right now."

She looks at him with concern while thinking, "concern: was what Yuzuru told him to much to bare?"

With a thought coming to mind she thinks, "realization: he must need time to understand Yuzuru's decision."

Deciding to give him the time he needs she backs away while saying, "acceptance: Yuzuru shall leave you here."

He watches as she walks away down the beach and once she finally disappears from his view, he is able to let go of the pain he was holding in which causes him to collapse to his knees and gasps for air while clutching his chest. While still breathing heavily he is able to look up and at the setting sun while whimpering, "how could you ask me to do that."

A feeling of dread consumes his heart as he continues, "especially when I already fell for you."