A Cold Night

A couple hours after he thought he had parted ways with Yuzuru for the night, an exhausted Burchard is sleeping soundly in his hotel bed but something strange stirs him awake. He slowly opens his eyes and looks up at the dark ceiling while mumbling, "what was that?"

He goes to roll onto his side to reach his lamp but notices something even stranger because no matter how hard he tried to move he couldn't, it was almost as if there was a weight on his chest stopping him from moving. With his one free arm he is able to somewhat lift the covers off himself and is quite surprised to see a pair of familiar eyes looking back at him. After a brief pause he hears a monotone voice from under the covers asking, "inquiry: did Yuzuru wake you?"

Realizing who it was though wether or not it was a comfort was still up for debate as he asks, "uh Yuzuru? What are you doing on top of me?"

She casually replies, "rebuttal: it is a cold night therefore Yuzuru wanted to keep you warm."

Still half asleep he doesn't think anything of it then gently puts the cover back down while closing his eyes and saying, "oh. That makes sense. Thanks."

After a few moments of having his eyes closed, a sudden realization comes to mind as his eyes shoot open and he throws open the covers, revealing Yuzuru comfortably lying on top of him. He stares at the top of her head with a mixture of shock and confusion though is able to ask, "uh Yuzuru?"

She casually looks back up at him while asking, "reply: yes?"

Caught off by the casualness of her reply he asks, "uh.... Can you please get off of me?"

One of her eyebrows raise as she asks, "inquiry: why?"

He replies, "because I want you to."

She looks at him blankly while only blinking a few times until finally rolling off of him while saying, "rebuttal: very well."

Now that she was no long on top of him, he is relieved to see her wearing a tee shirt and pj pants though his relief leaves him when she starts lying down and making herself comfy next to him . He continues to look at the girl he only met that day lying next to him in bed with confusion as he asks, "so I'm guessing your spending the night?"

Now face to face with him, she nods while replying, "confirmation: the best way to make you fall for Yuzuru is to always stay by your side."

Burchard chuckles a bit then responds, "and here I thought 'always be by your side' was a figure of speech."

She says back, "rebuttal: in this instance it is meant in the literal way."

He nods in agreement while saying, "yeah makes sense."

A thought comes to mind as a small feeling of dread comes over him from knowing the probable answer but none the less he asks, "out of curiosity. Are you planning on trying to do anything to me while I sleep?"

She looks at him with a curious expression then reaches out and gently caresses the side of his face while asking, "inquiry: do you want Yuzuru to try something?"

He reaches up and grabs her hand to stop it and replies, "well I'm pretty tired so I'd be alright with having an uneventful night."

She pulls her hand back while saying, "confirmation: fortunately for you, Yuzuru is just as tired therefore she was planning on using her presence alone to win you over tonight."

Hearing this causes Burchard to sigh in relief then say, "well I must say I do appreciate that."

Yuzuru then starts to slightly grin while saying, "confirmation: you should be relieved that Kaguya isn't your partner for the competition."

Curious by her statement he asks, "why?"

She replies, "rebuttal: as Yuzuru passed Shido's room on the way here, she noticed his door nailed shut along with the sound of Kaguya banging on what she assumes was Shido's bathroom door while begging him to let her in."

Burchard chuckles a bit then says, "Well I am definitely glad I'm not Shido right now though I do feel bad for him."

She continues to grin while asking, "inquiry: aren't you glad you got Yuzuru for the competition?"

He thinks about her question then smiles back at her while saying, "well I must admit that I have been enjoying your company."

She blinks at him a few times then with a raised eyebrow asks, "inquiry: is Yuzuru finally having an effect on you?"

He continues to grin at her while replying, "maybe."

Mildly annoyed she asks, "inquiry, "Yuzuru is guessing you're not going to tell her?"

He simply shrugs his shoulders then replies while still smiling, "it would be more fun for you to find out yourself."

An annoyed expression cover's her face as she glares at him but before he can say anything, she simply sticks her tongue out at him then rolls over and looks away from him while saying, "confirmation: Yuzuru is tired therefore she is going to bed."

He continues to smile at the back of her head then lies on his back and closes his eyes. He slowly dozed off but a strange feeling keeps him awake, it almost feels like vibration. He opens his eyes while trying to figure out what the feeling was but finds his answer when he looks over at Yuzuru. She continues to lie facing away but what catches his attention is that she was shaking. Now concerned he asks, "Yuzuru? Are you cold?"

She attempts to stop her shivering while replying, "rebuttal: Yuzuru is perfectly fine."

Unconvinced he reaches over and gently touches her bare arm which lies on top of the blanket. When he touches her, he is able to not only feel her shivers but the coolness of her skin as a whole. Now even more concerned he says, "your freezing."

Still trying to hide it, she responds, "rebuttal: Yuzuru doesn't know what your talking about."

Realizing that she wasn't going to admit it, he sighs in defeat then lies back down. After a few moments though he asks, "hey Yuzuru?"

Still awake she replies, "reply: yes?"

He asks, "can you look at me for a second?"

Curious she asks, "inquiry: why?"

He replies in an innocent tone, "please?"

Not thinking anything of it, she rolls over to look back at him but as she does, she feels something strange underneath her but just as she's about to ask him what it was, she becomes distracted at what she sees. To her confusion, her face was now in his chest with the top of her head just under his chin. Unsure of what was happening she asks, "inquiry: what are you doing?"

He puts his other arm over top of her while replying, "your cold so I'm keeping you warm."

Surprised by his actions, she continues to look at his chest while saying, "confusion: you do not need to do this for Yuzuru?"

He starts to hug her gently while replying, "I know. But I want to."

She continues look at his chest with confusion when she hears it. With her head now in the perfect position, she is able to hear his heart beat but to her confusion it wasn't calm, it was beating quite rapidly which causes her to think, "confusion: why is his heart beating so fast?"

Now concerned for his health she asks, "inquiry: why is your heart beating so fast?"

He chuckles a bit while continuing to hold her and saying, "guess you found out."

Confused by his statement she asks, "inquiry: what do you...."

A sudden realization comes to mind as she asks, "inquiry: so Yuzuru is finally having an effect on you?"

There's no response, instead she feels his soft breath gently running through her hair. Realizing that he had dozed off she sighs to herself then slowly snuggles up to him and must admit she enjoys the warmth of his arms holding her tightly while thinking to herself, "acceptance: tomorrow.....tomorrow he'll fall for Yuzuru."