What's Going On?

Kaguya is able to crank her head over at Shido hoping for an answer to the mirage she was seeing but all she sees is the same equally as shocked expression she was wearing across his face. Though no one was more shocked then Yuzuru who's eyes are opened wide and her mouth hanging open a bit. Seemingly not noticing anything amiss, ms Tamae looks around the room and seeing an open seat next to the window, points to it she says, "you can take a seat over there."

He sees the open seat which is ironically enough right next to Yuzuru and starts making his way there though while he walks, he can't help but feel the eyes of his new Seat mate melting a hole through his head. As he got closer and closer, Yuzuru stays frozen in place and even though she wasn't showing it, a feeling of excitement and joy quickly replaces the sadness she was feeling as she thinks, "happiness: he's alive! He's okay!!! Yuzuru thought she would never see him again but here he is! Yuzuru gets to keep her promise to him!"

As he takes a seat next to her, he looks over and smiles at her which was enough for her heart to skip a beat and a warm feeling to take over her whole body while thinking, "joy: that smile, that beautiful smile. Yuzuru thought she'd never get to see it again!"

And then she heard something she thought she'd never hear, "what's your name?"

She stared back at him blankly, she honestly didn't know why he would say that so she asks, "Confusion: why would you ask Yuzuru that?"

He looks back at her equally as confused while saying, "because I don't know you?"

In an instant her heart sank. The joy she was feeling, the joy she was craving was gone and was slowly replaced with sadness and despair as she slowly comes to realize what was happening and with tears starting to pool in her eyes she mutters, "please no."

Seeing the tears in her eyes and becoming concerned, he asks, "what's wrong?"

She continues to stare at him but quickly turns away while wiping away her tears and muttering, "Rebuttal: Yuzuru's is fine."

Still concerned he asks, "you sure? You seem sad?"

After a brief pause, she looks back at him and to his surprise, she was sporting a very neutral expression with her eyes half shut as she replies, "denial: see? Yuzuru is fine."

He continues to study her expression but realizing that arguing was pointless, he decides to drop it and looks to the front of the room while saying, "if you say so."

They both go quiet, though for reasons unknown to him, he feels a strange tension between him and his seat mate which causes him to glance over to her while thinking, "what's up with her? We just met but it feels like she's already mad at me? Could I have met her before...."

Though he quickly shakes this thought away while continuing, "no. I only moved here this morning and never got a chance to meet anyone."

Meanwhile while he was thinking this, Yuzuru couldn't help but glance over at him while thinking, "sadness: why.... Why do you not remember Yuzuru? Did you lose your memories? Or was your time with Yuzuru forgettable?"

That depressing thought cut her deep, to the point that the sinking feeling in her chest was borderline unbearable but something stops her from breaking down entirely. The faintest feeling of hope manifests itself as a memory, a sad memory from their last moment together when she had kissed him for the first and last time, though one detail sticks out to her as she thinks, "confirmation: those eyes."

She glances over at him while continuing, "the look in his eyes, though he doesn't look at Yuzuru the same way now, she can guarantee that the way he looked at her just before saying goodbye was unmistakable, it was not nothing she saw ..... it was love."