Love You

Deep within the forest, Burchard sits leaned up against the only tree that is still standing from the path he took through the the woods. His breathing is shallow and struggled which is making it hard for him to stay conscious though the pain from the multiple broken ribs and assortment of other injuries does seem to help keep him awake. With little strength to do much, his head is forced to look down at the steady drip of blood pouring out of the hole in his gut that Yuzuru's chain left. With the fatigue slowly starting to out weigh his injuries, his eyes close while mutters, "I just hope.... There both okay."

"Inquiry: Burchard?"

The familiar sounding whimper slowly brings him back from his unconsciousness state while he musters just enough strength to tilt his head towards the sky where he sees what he honestly thought was an angel descending from heaven and touches down in front of him. Yuzuru stands there shocked at what she sees.... What she did but for some reason Burchard Is able to crack a smile at her while saying, "glad your okay."

Hearing this causes a tear to roll down her cheek as a feeling of immense guilt takes over while the shaking in her legs makes her lose balance, causing her to fall to her knees in front of him then shakily reach out and gently caresses his cheek while muttering, "shock: what has Yuzuru done?"

Hearing the sadness in her voice causes him to painful raise his broken arm but fights to not show it and place his hand over hers while responding, "it's not your fault. It was just an accident."

With tears starting to run down her cheeks she whimpers, "rebuttal: it was Yuzuru's selfish need to fight Kaguya that lead to it. This will always be Yuzuru's fault."

Seeing her tears causes a sinking feeling to slowly build with in him and what little smile he had left turns to a frown as he says, "this all started with me. If I hadn't shown up and interrupted your sacred duel in the first place then everything would have been okay. This all my fault. If I hadn't met you then none of this would have happened."

Shocked by what he is saying she responds while shaking her head, "rebuttal: the best thing you could have done for Yuzuru was meet her. Though it started as a competition where Yuzuru only saw you as target, you were able to become so much more to Yuzuru. You showed her kindness, joy and laughter. Things she never thought possible. you should never regret the day you made Yuzuru's bleak day shine brightly."

Hearing this causes him to softly smile while gently tightening the grip on her hand and saying, "and I'm glad I was able to show you all that. Though my memory is still fuzzy at best. I can almost guaranty that the time I've spent with you has been the greatest few days of my whole life."

Though a warm feeling starts to grow within her chest, she continues to cry while Burchard loses the last of his strength causing him to let go of her hand and letting his arm fall to his side. Feeling his time with her coming to an end, he looks deeply into her eyes while saying, "Yuzuru.... There's something I need to tell you."

Intrigued while still gently holding his cheek and in a way, holds his head up, she asks, "inquiry: what is that?"

With a warm smile and his eyes barely open he replies, "Yuzuru.... I love you."

Hearing this causes the warm feeling in her chest to practically burst and consume her entire body which causes her to softly smile while saying, "response: Burchard, Yuzuru....."

She pauses when she realizes that she had to be clear with her feelings as she says, "I love you too."

His smile grows as she reaches out and caresses his other cheek then while closing her eyes, slowly leans forward and gently kisses him on the lips. With the warmth of her lips fighting back the coldness that is gradually taking over his body, he knows deep in his heart that even though his life was coming to an end, for his last moments he will be happy.