Truths

Burchard sleeps soundly in a chair with the feeling of turbulence gently rocking him until a sudden bounce shocks him awake. His head shoots up and he frantically looks around while asking, "what? Where the hell am I?"

He immediately closes his eyes tightly as he groans in pain from the throbbing headache he was experiencing while thinking, "damn it! It feels like I got smashed over the head with something."

The pain starts to subside allowing him to slowly open his eyes and looks around the mostly dark room which is only lit by the light that seeps through the closed curtains of a window though it doesn't do much to help him try to identify anything while he says, "it's too dark in here to make out anything, but there is a door so I can get...."

He pause's his sentence as he attempts to stand up but to his confusion he can't and aside from his head, he was able to move his arms up to his elbow but can't move at all and when he look down, he sees something shocking, so shocking in fact that all he could say was, "why am I tied up?"

"To stop you from interfering of course."

He freezes in place from hearing the strangely familiar voice from behind him but before he could say anything, he hears what sounds like a pair of heals walking around him until they we're standing right in front of him. He looks at them shocked while a million different things seemed to run through his head until he finally muttered, "it's you?"

Previously:

Burchard continues to kneel on the beach and looks out over the ocean and setting sun, but he can't enjoy the view, instead all he could think about was Yuzuru and what she had just said. He didn't want to believe it and in all honesty a part of him was trying desperately to convince himself that she misspoke or didn't mean what she said, but he couldn't. He knew that she was willing to die for her sister, and he knew in his heart that he wouldn't let that happen, all he needed to figure out now was how.

"You okay?"

His thought gets interrupted by the sound of a voice coming from in front of him and when his eyes focus, he is surprised to see Shido standing in front of and looking back at him. Concerned by the look of sadness he was sporting, Shido asks, "what's wrong?"

Realizing that he was probably the only one he could talk to about this, Burchard gets to his feet while replying, "it's Yuzuru. She said she wanted to purposefully lose the competition."

The look of shock that Shido was now sporting was more than enough evidence for Burchard to know that he knew the consequences of losing as well as Shido says, "we can't let that happen."

Burchard nods but unsure of what to do asks, "but what do we do? I already tried talking her out of it, but she wasn't willing to listen."

Shido sighs disheartedly then says," to be honest, even though she doesn't say it, I can almost guarantee that Kaguya feels the same way."

Burchard nods in agreement while saying, "they both love each other yet neither will admit it, if only there was a way to show them."

Shido puts a hand to his chin to think then with a sudden realization, looks back at him while saying, "I have an idea."

Relieved that there was hope, Burchard eagerly asks, "great! What is it?"

Shido looks back at him seriously while replying, "let me show you."

Now confused Burchard asks, "show me what?"

Shido scratches the back of his head while trying to figure out how exactly to explain it but not knowing what to say he just tells him, "It's hard to explain but I can show you in my hotel room so let's head there."