Mysterious New Shore

A gentle sea breeze blows across the secluded beach of a remote island while the waves gently crash against something on the shore. A boy no older then 17 lies motionless on the beach with half of his body still submerged. A wave is tall enough to ride up him his chest and splashes his face, causing a faint sound of life to emanate from him as he starts to slowly move. He slowly opens his eyes and looks up at the clear blue sky which ironically enough matches the colour of his eyes. He continues to look up into the sky with confusion while muttering to himself, "that's new?"

          He groans in discomfort as he slowly struggles to sit up then starts to check his surroundings but the thick tropical forest at  his back and the bare open ocean in front of him doesn't ease his confusion as he mutters, "how the hell did I get here?"

          He starts trying to remember anything he can and even though most of his memory is fuzzy,  he is able to remember a few key things while saying, "I remember falling off the ferry but other than that I'm drawing a blank."

He scratches his short brown hair while asking himself, "I can't even remember why I was on the ferry in the first place."

He feels something protruding from his short pocket and is surprised when he pulls a very damp black leather wallet out. He examines it while thinking, "I assume this is mine?"

He pulls out a few yen bills of different amounts, a debit card and what appears to be driver's license. Though things like the last name and address seem to be rubbed away but is able to read out loud, "citizen of Canada, first name Burchard."

Hearing the name causes him to mutter to himself, "Burchard.... That does sound familiar."

He studies the picture that goes a long with the name thoroughly then looks into the water pooling at his feet. He looks at the reflection looking back at him then compares it to the ID. Seeing that the two match, he sighs in relief while saying, "so this is my wallet.... Was worried I was a thief for a second."

He puts his wallet back in his pocket then slowly gets to his feet, he stretches out soundly while saying, "but what do I even do now? Don't even know where I could go?"

Suddenly a low flying airplane flies over his head, he watches as it gets closer to the ground until finally disappearing behind the forest of trees causing him to say to himself, "didn't sound like it crashed so it must be landing."

He starts walking in the planes direction while saying, "If it's landing then there must be an airport which is my ticket out of here."

He looks at the woods which stands between him and what he hopes is his way off this island. Peeling off his still soaked sweater, he proceeds to sling it over his shoulder and with a skip in his step, he enters the woods while saying nonchalantly, "this'll be easy. it'll probably only take an hour or two max."

Six Hours Later

Burchard leans against a tree and gasps for air. Twigs are tangled in his hair while any exposed skin is either covered in a stinging sun burn or the multiple bug bites though what angers him most was the large tropical looking bird that tried to steal what he feels is his favourite sweater. While still trying to catch his breath he mutters to himself, "how big is this damn island?"

He slides down the tree and takes a seat on the ground while saying, "damn it! I've been walking for hours! How can I still not be there?"

A disheartening thought crosses his mind as he thinks out loud, "what if there is no airport on this island? What if that was just a tour plane flying over a deserted island?"

With a feeling of despair slowly sinking in, his head drops in defeat while whimpering to himself, "what if I'm stuck here forever?"

A gentle breeze flows through the woods which provides at least some comfort in his time of need which causes a soft smile to form as he looks up at the sky while saying, "at least the winds nice."

The wind slowly picks up speed to his delight and causes his mood to lighten up further as he says to himself, "at least there is something being nice in this forest."

He continues to enjoy the increasing breeze, so much so that he doesn't notice the now darkening sky and swaying trees though this much enjoyed break gets interrupted when he is more or less slapped across the face by a large tropical leaf. He pulls it off his face and looks at it curiously while thinking, "where did this come from?"

He looks up and sees the tops of the trees above beginning to thrash about while the wind howls aggressively throughout the whole area. Feeling a sinking feeling setting in, Burchard let's out a nervous laugh while asking, "uh? I'm cooled down so you can stop now?"

His question is responded to by a tree falling over near by causing him to say, "I guess not?"

He gets to his feet and continues to look around at the rapidly deteriorating situation he's in but before he can do anything. The wind dies down almost instantly while the sky returns to its beautiful clear blue. He looks at the whole area with confusion while saying to himself, "uh? What just happened?"

The whole area remains silent causing him to sigh in relief then looks back up at the sky while saying, "well I can't think of anything weirder happening so I consider this a win."

Suddenly what appears to be a blurred figure flies over head. He looks dumbfounded in the direction where the object flew while saying, "never mind."

He continues to look in the direction with a mix of intrigue and caution across his face as he says out loud, "why do I feel like whatever that was is going to cause me trouble?"

He puts a hand to his chin and thinks out loud, "that is the way that plane went. But like stated previously, there is a good chance that it's going to cause me nothing but trouble. I mean It's basic tv knowledge that something strange flying overhead in a remote forest is either a man eating alien or some secret military weapon that malfunctioned and is now killing anything on sight."

An intriguing thought comes to mind as a childish grin creeps across his face while saying, "or it could be a cute alien girl."

He starts walking in the opposite direction while shaking his head and saying, "no no no. I feel like my luck has never been this good so I'll just avoid the area."

He continues walking in the opposite direction while saying to himself, "not like I'm curious or anything."

He pauses in his tracks and stands there quietly for a few moments then slowly looks back with conflict now consuming him until his shoulders drop in defeat while saying, "damn it! That's the way the plane went."

He continues walking in the direction that not only the plane but also the strange object flew with much more caution due to the latter. After what feels like a few more hours of nonstop walking, he pauses when he hears something rushing through the woods but becomes concerned when he realizes that whatever it was, it was coming straight at him. He takes cover behind a bush and peers through the branches while thinking, "what kinda animal is that?"

He looks away and puts a hand to his chin to think while whispering to himself, "it sounds big but I haven't seen any animals that big on this island?"

A thought comes to mind as a cold chill runs down his spine while saying, "what if it was that thing that flew through the air?"

He looks back through the bush and to his surprise/ horror, sees a dark purple blur heading straight towards which to his dread reminds him of the object that flew overhead a few hours before. This thought however distracts him long enough for the blur to close the distance and before he can react.... WHAM!!!! Burchard gets sent flying backwards and roughly rolls to a stop on his back. He groans in discomfort with his eyes closed while muttering, "what the hell hit me?"

He hears branches breaking in front of him and when he opens his eyes he's shocked at what he sees. Standing in front of him was a girl around his age wearing what could only be described as tropical vacation wear who sports long dark purple hair tied back with a red ribbon with the same coloured eyes glaring down at him but the most shocking thing he saw was the large broad sword she held.... And pointed right in his face. He slowly raises his hands in surrender while muttering, "uh... hi?"

She doesn't respond but instead breathes in deeply then in one swift breath screams, "I KNEW I WAS BEING WATCHED!!!!"