New Neighbors

It was late when Burchard finally comes up to a large apartment building. He looks down at the piece of paper while saying, "yeah, this is the address."

Now inside, Burchard walks down the hall, which is lined with doors, each with a number on it. he continues to study each door but pauses when a strange feeling starts to grow inside him, but he couldn't quite place it though as he looks back he says to himself, "why does it feel like I'm being watched?"

He scans the empty hallway while still trying to understand this feeling until he notices something strange about the door directly behind him. it was slightly ajar with something sticking out of it which seemed to look back at him, but it wasn't human, no it was, "a rabbit puppet?"

Before he could fully comprehend what he was looking at, the puppet starts shouting, "hey bud! Its rude to stare!!!"

Caught off guard by the talking puppet, he takes a step back while saying, "huh?"

He continues to stare but before he could say anything else, a surprisingly adorable voice emanates from behind the door saying, "yoshinon. Why are you being so rude?"

The puppet looks back into the room while responding, "what? He was staring!!! And someone has to put him in his place!!!"

The puppet looks back at him while continuing, "and he's still staring!!!"

Still not 100% sure what was going on, he decides to smile while saying, "uh, sorry. I didn't mean to stare."

The puppet continues to seemingly stare at him then seems to wave it off while saying, "all good, I'm sure you aren't used to seeing anything as gorgeous as me."

Burchard intern chuckles a bit while scratching the back of his head while responding, "I guess you could say that."

To his surprise, the puppet disappears behind the door but before he could really comprehend everything that was happening, the door opens and a young girl with long blue hair and blue eyes steps out into the hall though the most striking thing he noticed about her was the same puppet he just saw on her hand. She looks up at him curiously while asking, "can I ask what you're doing here?"

After a brief pause, he holds up the piece of paper while replying, "I'm looking for my new apartment, I just moved here."

She looks back at him with intrigue but before she could respond, the puppet starts to look at him while speaking, "so you're the new neighbour we've been hearing about."

Now sort of used to the puppet, he shrugs his shoulders while responding, "I guess so."

The puppet responds with excitement, "well nice to meet you neighbour! You can call me Yoshinon."

The puppet motions to the girl while continuing, "and this cute little thing is Yoshino!"

Seemingly embarrassed by being called cute, her cheeks turn flush while she mutters, "uh, nice to meet you."

Burchard smiles back at them while saying, "nice to meet you both, my name is Burchard."

For some strange reason, Yoshinon puts a paw to her chin as if to think while saying, "Burchard huh? Why have I heard that name before?"

Seemingly remembering, Yoshinon looks back at him while continuing, "oh I know!...."

Burchard is surprised to see Yoshino covering Yoshinon's mouth to seemingly silence her while saying, "yoshinon. Were not supposed to talk about that."