An Unfortunate New Reality

A week has past since the incident during the school trip, in that time the Yamai sisters 'transferred' into Shido and Tohka's class which, with the new attention from Kaguya, has caused the jealousy towards Shido from the other boys in class to increase exponentially but aside from that everything had settled and for the most part turned back to normal..... though there was one exemption.

In the morning before class started, Yuzuru quietly sat at her desk. There was almost an invisible dark aura consuming her while she was dividing her attention between the notes in front of her and the small slightly warn picture she hid on her lap. She sighs disheartedly while looking at the picture when she hears a concerned voice next to her ask, "you still miss him don't you?"

She looks up and over to see Kaguya looking back at her with concerned filled eyes though Yuzuru simply responds, "rebuttal: Yuzuru does not know what your talking about?"

With a raised eyebrow Kaguya responds, "oh yeah?"

Without warning, she reaches over and snatched the picture from Yuzuru's lap. She holds it up while asking, "then what's this?"

Yuzuru frantically attempts to reach for it while snapping, "demand: return that immediately."

Kaguya pulls the picture out of her sisters reach while saying, "I'll give it back if you tell me the truth."

Yuzuru tries to think of away out of this predicament but out of ideas simply drops her head in defeat while saying, "reply: yes."

Kaguya sighs disheartedly while giving the picture back to her and saying, "and you've been thinking about him since you lost him?"

Yuzuru simply nods in response while looking at the picture which causes Kaguya to say, "I know your in pain but you do know I'm here for you right?"

Yuzuru nods again causing her to say, "and you know I'll be here to help you but at the same time you need to heal and move on."

A lone tear leaves her eye and drops on the picture of her kissing Burchard on the cheek from their first date while whimpering in a soft tone, "rebuttal: Yuzuru does not want to forget him."

Kaguya responds, "I didn't say you needed to forget him but you shouldn't use his memory as an anchor."

Yuzuru whimpers back, "but...."

Kaguya responds, "he wouldn't want you to suffer like this."

Yuzuru looks up from the picture and looks over to her sister with tears welling in her eyes says, "rebuttal: you are right but that does not stop this feeling, this pain in Yuzuru's chest. The longing, the wanting does not go away."

Kaguya hands her a handkerchief to wipe away her tears while Yuzuru continues, "Yuzuru keeps on looking at the door hoping it will open with him standing there even though deep down Yuzuru knows he is truly gone."

Kaguya reaches out and gently grabs her shoulder for comfort but before she can say anything, the door opens. Yuzuru instinctively looks over to it with hope gleaming in her eyes but as was the dozens of times before, it was just one of their classmates. Seeing the look of hope in her sisters eyes disappear cause a terrible pain in Kaguya's heart but she knows it is only a pin prick compared to what her sister is feeling.

Kaguya then sees Shido walk in causing her to stand up while saying, "I need to go talk to him. I'll be right back."

Yuzuru simply nods which doesn't help the feeling in her heart which screams at her not to go but she knew that there was something important she needed to ask him. Kaguya walks up to Shido's desk while saying, "morning Shido."

Shido looks up with a smile while saying, "good morning."

Seeing the look of sadness on Kaguya's face causes him to look over at Yuzuru while asking with concern, "how is she?"

Kaguya sighs disheartedly then replies, "not good. She still misses him a lot."

Thinking of something she asks, "has kotori learned anything?"

Shido shakes his head then replies, "unfortunately no. The camera equipment from the fraxinus is still being repaired and they don't even know if any of the footage of what happened with be usable."

He look back at Yuzuru while asking, "has she shown any signs of inverting?"

Kaguya shakes her head then replies, "no."

Shido puts a hand to his chin to think while saying, "that's strange."

Kaguya nods in agreement then adds, "but this whole situation with him was strange."

Shido nods while saying, "right. I know he came off as some random guy but he not only disappeared without a trace but was able to successfully seal her powers to. There has to be something special about him."

Their talk gets interrupted by ms Tamae walking in while saying, "alright class take your seats."

Kaguya starts walking back to her seat while saying, "we'll talk later."

As the class gets ready for the lesson, Yuzuru continues to look down at her picture while ms Tamae says, "alright class now before we start I have an announcement to make."

Everyone's attention turn to her, everyone's except Yuzuru who is to focused to hear her. Ms Tamae then continues, "since we have had multiple transfer students this year I don't think anyone will be surprised to hear that we have another one joining us today though this one is foreign exchange student from Canada."

She looks over at the door and waves them in while saying, "you can come in now."

Aside from Yuzuru, Everyone's eyes go to the door and eagerly await them to come in while some students whisper, "ooh a Canadian? Then that means they'll be super nice."

Another adds, "maybe they brought us some maple syrup as a gift."

Hearing this causes Tohka to say with glee, "maple syrup? That sounds tasty!"

The whole room goes quiet as a boy, already wearing their uniform, walks into class and stands beside Ms Tamae's desk. All eyes are on him though most of them are looks of curiosity and excitement, a few eyes look at him with a different expression all together. Meanwhile Yuzuru continues to not pay attention to anything that was happening with her focus still on her picture until something catches her attention. She feels Kaguya poking her while saying in a frantic whisper, "Yuzuru!!!!"

She looks at her while asking, "inquiry: what is...."

Her sentence trails off when she sees the look of utter shock plastered across her face but before she could ask, Kaguya blurts out while pointing at the front of the class, "look! It's...."

"Hello everyone."

A sudden feeling of total shock damn near paralyzes her in place after hearing the familiar voice but she is able to force her head over to the front of the class with a million thoughts racing through her head. Her mind goes quiet when she sees the boy standing at the front of the class while muttering, "impossible. It can't be....."

Her question however is answered by the boy at the front of the class saying, "my name is Burchard."