The Chance Encounter

"Excuse me, I think you dropped something". an oblivious tone called behind him. As his fast-paced walk suddenly slowed down, his heart skipped a beat. He knew it wasn't the first time this voice was ringing in his ears. With her footsteps getting closer every second, he turned around. There it was, the greatest coincidence of his life, it was indeed 'Her'. "Is this yours?" she asked holding his wallet in the same hands that had once looked after him in a land so far away from his own. "Oh Yes", thank you very much", he quickly brought himself back from the flash-flood of memories. He had never felt so flustered ever before. That day he felt the most thankful to the face mask covering his obvious expressions and the strands of hair spread all across his forehead almost covering his eyes that were fixated on her.

She could feel his eyes longing to say much more than just being grateful, for intuition was her greatest vigour

She could feel his eyes longing to say much more than just being grateful, for intuition was her greatest vigour. This chance encounter with a stranger did not seem unfamiliar for some reason. She quickly collected her thoughts finishing the conversation with "no worries, all good" and left. Interestingly, it must have been the dusky evening which is why she couldn't see her destiny in front of her, or else why wouldn't anyone notice 'RM' of BTS? 'Life', what a beautiful package of surprises, mysteries, happiness, sorrows, success, failures, luck and destiny. Who would have thought the only vacation Namjoon had agreed to after a thousand pleas by his friends would become the greatest moment of his life. He stood on the empty road with million emotions crossing his heart and his cheeks hurting from the smile that just wouldn't go away. He wasn't surprised the aura she possessed when he first saw her was still very much there.... "Hey, what took you so long?" the look of worry on their faces made y/n realise she had the most amazing friends in the world. "Oh nothing I was just taking a slow walk to relax. "Well today's night is not to relax it is to be wild!!!" Ash exclaimed. Haha! yeah I know but I rather have a quite night overlooking the stars at the beach, you guys have fun though. "Hmm... a quite night with my bestie or being the life of a party, oh well who wants to party at 25 anyways, right Niks"? Ash looked at the oldest one in their group. "Yup.. so conversations with the stars it is then"! Niks said jokingly. Y/n laughed at her crazy duo of friends who had been with her since she first moved to Australia 6 years ago to study Nursing. Life in Australia was nothing short of a roller coaster ride back then. A new country, different culture, lifestyle, ever changing living conditions; the only constant were these new family like friendships that she had formed. Finally completing her studies and working at one of the most prestigious hospitals as a Nurse, y/n was living the life of her dreams. But being a nurse was daunting at times and this week long getaway with her crazy duo in Bali was an escape to all her stress and mundane work routine. However draining it may be though, this job was the reason she and Nam Joon had crossed paths...