An Unexpected Request

Those never ending emergency alerts, beeping sphygmomanometers, people running around, clicks on the keyboards, sirens of the ambulance, the squeaky wheels of stretchers bringing in the injured, hearts full of hopes of recovery in one corner and e...

Those never ending emergency alerts, beeping sphygmomanometers, people running around, clicks on the keyboards, sirens of the ambulance, the squeaky wheels of stretchers bringing in the injured, hearts full of hopes of recovery in one corner and eyes full of disappointed cries in another, a day at the Royal Queen Hospital was never quite. 'This day is no different', y/n mumbled to herself as she tied her hair in a bun to survive another day in this chaos. Or was it? She was about to go for lunch break later in the day when fate finally knocked on her door. Kelly the unit manager walked upto to that one coworker she knew would never let her down, "yn can I talk to you in private please"? she asked. "Sure, whats up? You guys short staffed for the afternoon again"? Y/n jokingly teased her manager, she knew the healthcare staffing issues around the country were pretty serious at this time. "No thats not what I why I called you, miss-always-quick-witted" Kelly laughed as they walked into her office. "I have a job for you that I don't trust anyone else with". "What job"? Y/n's cheerful smile started to fade away as her eyebrows rose with curiosity. "Well, do you know the Kpop Band BTS"? Kelly asked. Umm... yeah I have heard about them, I don't know much about it though, Why? "So, they are in town for their concert, but one of the members injured himself at practice and would need wound care attended to daily". Y/n started to realise where Kelly was going with this. "And I know you are the perfect person for this task. Due to their extreme popularity it is hard for us to accommodate him in hospital as it is a safety issue. "So how else will I look after him"? Y/n asked with the most serious expression. "Well, their chauffeur will pick you up, take you to their place and drop you back once you are finished. I know you are very professional will not let our healthcare system down". Y/n's astonished expressions were justified as this was the most unexpected request anyone could make. After a long silence, with a thousand thoughts crossing her mind, y/n finally agreed to it, also as she knew there was no other answer Kelly would have accepted anyways! "That's fine, I am happy to do it, but when do I start?" Y/n inquired crossing her fingers at her back hoping it wasn't today as she had too much to process already. "Dr has been in today and done the dressing so you start from tomorrow, 9am. He will be there in the morning to do routine checkup. "And here, Can you sign this, I need it back before you start", Kelly said handing a bunch of paper's to y/n. "What's this"? Y/n asked with the confusion initially only in her head now evidently reflecting on her face. "Oh, thats a Non Disclosure Agreement, just one of the things you have to do before you provide care to celebrities". "Okay let me have a read"... As per this agreement you cannot discuss the medical history or any related confidential information of the party with anyone... leading to a legal action. "As if I would scream it out loud to the world, Y/n said evidently annoyed. "I couldn't care less about these celebrities". She finally signed the agreement, with no idea of what was coming her way!! Her ace clinical skills were not only going to heal her 'Celebrity' patient's injuries but also open doors to new horizons and beautiful feelings. While driving back home y/n was in constant thoughts of her day tomorrow, so much so that she almost missed her exit at the motorway! She googled BTS as soon as she got home, with a persistent wonder of who her patient would be of all the seven boys. What would meeting them be like? How intimidating it would be looking after her 'Celebrity patient'? Looking at some of the episodes of their popular show 'RUN BTS' she deduced it would be one of the maknae line, most probably Jimin whose love from falling off the chair was evident in every episode. Y/n set her alarm while still laughing to herself at the funny moments from the show and dozed off to sleep.