Chapter 2

In the evening,

After leaving her company, It took up half an hour to reach there. The head butler escorted Serena to the dinning hall where everyone else was seated. Sir Samuel Evans was sitting at the head of the table, On his right was his wife, Mrs. Amelia Evans. On the seat second to his left was her younger brother, Noah Evans. She walked towards them slowly looking at the now empty seat on the left of her father, Where that person used to seat...the memory of that person sitting on that seat and eating happily while joking around flashed in front of her like the present is just an illusion and that person is still there with her. Serena looked away from that seat and then looked at the culprit, Her father  and his wife seating on the head chair with no regrets or guilt on their faces.

Serena reached to the table and took a seat at the other end opposite from her father and furthest away from them. 

"At last you came, I thought we would have to wait till morning to have dinner with you." Her father, Mr. Samuel Evans, taunted her with a cold face.

"Well, then it should be an honor for you that you are having dinner with me earlier than expected." Serena said calmly while helping herself with the food. 

"Obnoxious! You still haven't changed..." Her father said angrily.

"Well, I can say the same for you both that you still haven't changed with no regrets at all like a shameless person!" Serena said focusing on her dish.

"Serena!!! Is this the way to speak to your father?!" His wife, Amelia Evans shouted angrily, While Noah Evans looked at Serena worriedly. Even though the relationship between his parents and sister has been estranged for years, His relationship with her sister is of a strong bond between sister-brother.

"Huh! Then in which way you suppose me to speak to a murderers? Tell me! May be you have forgotten about your sin since it has been elven years but I will never!" Saying she put her cutlery down ready to stand up when her father's voice stopped her. 

"I called you here today to tell you something important! Seat down back!" Her father ordered in a stern voice and she took her seat again.

"What is it?" She asked looking at them probingly.

"I hope that you are well aware about The Anderson Family." Her father stated.

"Yes, the richest and the most respectable family having their business expanded into almost every industry. So what? What about them?" Serena asked boringly.

"Master Alexander Anderson, The chairman of Anderson Group of Companies has asked your hands in marriage with his grandson, Mr. Ethan Anderson. He said he liked your way of doing business and your capabilities, He was impressed by you and decided that there can't be anyone else suitable for his grandson but you. I gave my approval, So now it is decided that you are going to marry into The Anderson Family." Her father stated like it is not something big at all.

"You must be kidding me? Who the hell gave you the rights to decide about my marriage?" Serena said coldly holding her anger back. Noah and Amelia didn't try to butt in fearing their anger, they just kept looking at both of them with worry in their eyes.

"Why not? Even if you don't respect me as your father, Legally and biologically I am still your father, And we are your family, So why can't I decide for my daughter. And do you know each every girl will die for an opportunity like this, To be able to get married into The Anderson Family and even to the sole hair of that family, Ethan Anderson, It's like having this whole country in your hands, Don't you understand it? You are lucky to be chosen by the chairman himself." Her father praised which was all true anyway but she couldn't care less.