Chapter 38

She was actually glad that she had slept quickly. She was not sure if it was because she was too tired or because of the alcohol, but she slept very well. After she fell asleep, she did not feel upset anymore. But she woke up in the middle of the night. Her throat felt dry and thirsty.

She opened her eyes in a daze and casually stroked her hair. She looked at the time. It was only two in the morning.  Without thinking much, she got out of bed, ready to go downstairs to get some water.

She had just sat up when she saw a glass of water with a faint yellow tint at the head of the bed. She furrowed her brows and looked at the glass of water. As if by coincidence, she picked it up and took a sip. It was honey water. When the honey water flowed down her dry throat, it was cold and sweet, making her feel comfortable immediately.

She drank the entire glass of honey water in one go and quelled her thirst in an instant. At that moment, she felt good both physically and mentally! She slept again, wondering who had prepared this glass of honey water for her. 

The following morning.

She turned over and stretched. She got off the bed and walked to the bathroom mirror. After a deep sleep, she looked much better. She looked at herself lazily. She remembered everything what happened the previous night, Their warm conversation...the song...the kiss...his embrace...his words...his warmth...everything...and also her heart...

When she woke up, she would think a lot and finally she decided that she would tell him what she really feels about him and would start her life with him... whenever she is with him...She feels complete...she likes to be with him...talking to him...sitting with him silently while looking into his gentle deep blue eyes...embracing and kissing him from time to time...she likes everything and she never want to lose him...she is ready to accept her feelings towards her husband, Mr. Ethan Wertheimer...my love...

She bathed herself properly, changed into her professional clothes, and left the room. The villa was brightly lit. Ethan was usually at home under such circumstances. Ethan was indeed in the living room, reading business magazine casually. Serena went downstairs and sat beside him.

The two of them kept their distance.

"Ethan, thank you for previous night," she said.

No matter what, after she fell asleep, Ethan had not left her to fend for herself. He had carried her to her room, and, she should thank him. He turned to look at her and calmly said, "Hm."

"What?" Serena really felt that she could not have any expectations of this man to speak much.

At this moment.

Butler Albert respectfully walked over and said, "Mr. and Mrs., dinner is ready."

Serena looked at Butler Albert blankly thinking why Ethan is behaving so coldly?!. 

Butler Albert felt uncomfortable under Serena's gaze. He asked with a trembling voice, "Young Madam, is there something on my face?"

"Nothing..."

"Butler Albert, go tidy up my room. It's a little messy," Ethan suddenly said.

Butler Albert hurriedly nodded. "Yes."

Then, he left respectfully.

Serena looked at Butler Albert's back and saw that Ethan had already gotten up and was walking towards the dining room. She cursed internally and followed him into the dining room.

The huge dining room was filled with luxurious dishes.

"Do you usually eat so much?" Serena asked.

"I don't usually eat at home," he said directly.

"Isn't uncle Albert feeding us too much?" Serena asked.

"I didn't ask you to finish it," he said coldly.

"I was just casually exclaiming that you had a huge temper today." Serena was unhappy. She felt that Ethan was deliberately targeting her. He pursed his lips and kept quiet.

Serena did not feel too good either. She lowered her head and ate elegantly. The two of them were silent at the dining table as if they were strangers. She wondered what exactly happened to him, Why is he behaving so oddly...wasn't everything was alright the previous night?! What exactly happened to him?

He had changed into a new set of clothes and seemed ready to leave. He glanced at her but did not say a word.

"Ethan, did I offend you today?" Serena suddenly pulled him away. He stopped in his tracks.

"Did I provoke you? You ignored me."

"Miss Serena, didn't you say that you were getting married forcefully and that this marriage doesn't counts?" he asked her. "So why did you ask me about my whereabouts?"

She was stunned. He looked at her hand that was holding his arm.

Silence ensued.

"Yes...at first I said that but....now...I...I..." Serena wanted to say but he didn't give her a chance.

"Miss Serena, I know you don't have anything to say. I am getting late for the company, I have to leave." Saying he left coldly. He walked out the door and left without giving her another application.

He left so casually!

She was sad...and angry.

*

*

*

The rest of the day.

Serena was deeply immersed in regret and self-loathing. She had actually lost her cool in the morning because of Ethan's cold behavior...She is till feeling bad.

The moment the work day ended, she clocked out at lightning speed and prepared to leave her office. She walked to the elevator while greeting her employees.

Ding! The elevator door opened, and Serena rushed in with her head down.

Just as she was about to press the button to close the door, she heard a loud cheer from outside. It was so zealous that she got a fright. Before she could check out what was happening, the elevator door closed.

Lifting her head up, she saw a silhouette on the reflective wall of the elevator. Slightly alarmed, Serena took a second look and found the figure rather familiar...

Then, she recalled that everyone had broke into a loud cheer after the elevator doors opened. After the doors closed, it became quiet again.

Serena froze in shock! She pressed herself against the door of the elevator and turned around very slowly. When she saw the man standing behind her clearly, she frantically banged on the door, wishing the elevator would let her out!

"Serena, are you out of your mind?" Ethan grabbed the back of her collar and pulled her toward him.

"What are you doing here? And when did you exactly came?" Serena asked being surprised at his sudden visit to her company.

"I wanted to talk to you about something important." Ethan said seriously.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊