Chapter 31

"I didn't expect that the JJ Corporation would suddenly announce that their company would enter Liverpool to compete with The Anderson Group."

Among the group of people who were socializing with Ethan, one of them teased Scott when he noticed that he was trapped in a crowd of ladies. The corner of Ethan's mouth lifted up when he heard this. With a glass of red wine in hand, he took a small sip and refused to comment. The next second, he realized that a particular someone beside him was trying her very best to tiptoe while looking in the direction where Scott was. If he wasn't holding on to her hand, it seemed very likely that she would have become one of the many women who were surrounding Scott.

"Do you enjoy looking at him?" Ethan asked as he lowered his head.

"He's too far away. The people in front are blocking, so I don't have a clear view. I'll let you know later on once I've seen his face clearly!" Serena replied instinctively and did not even look back.

It seemed like she had completely no idea who had asked her this question.

She mumbled again the moment she finished her previous sentence, "Even though I cannot see his face clearly, I think he shouldn't be too bad looking judging from his figure and aura. And look, he was not even pissed by the fact that so many people are surrounding him. Instead, he is smiling throughout the process—he must be very good-tempered person!"

Ethan: "..."

She had observed him very carefully, huh?!

She didn't even see his face clearly, yet she knew that he had a good temper!

Ethan's face darkened. Before he could say anything, Serena suddenly grabbed on to his arm in excitement.

"Ah, ah, ah! He is heading over, he is heading over! Isn't he walking toward our direction now?"

"..."

"I took a close look at his face! He looks more handsome in real life than in the magazine! It is no wonder that so many people like him..." Before Serena could finish her sentence, a huge hand covered her mouth.

Armed with a dark face, Ethan spoke coldly and said, "My ears hurt from all your screaming."

"..."

"He only looks a little more handsome—haven't you seen a hunk before in your life?" As Ethan raised his eyebrows, he moved his bewitching face closer to her. He was obviously hinting to her that the most handsome one was already right in front of her from the expression on his face.

Serena stared at his face. With the overbearing aura of a man enveloping her, her heart skipped a beat when she heard his tone that was full of jealousy. For some unknown reason, she felt that he was flirting. Her mind cramped up. Reaching out, she grabbed onto his arm and blurted out, "It's different. Other man compared to my own man. Don't you understand that?"

"..."

Serena did not notice his expression. Rubbing her chin, she pondered for a moment before she said in a deadly earnest manner, "Actually, the both of you score equally excellent when it comes to the attractiveness index. Hmm, perhaps you are slightly better. If it wasn't for your foul temper that prevents anyone from daring to approach you, you also would have had the chance of being surrounded at the entrance just now!"

Ethan was at the end of his patience. Reaching out, he pressed onto Serena's head and turned her head around to face him. Lowering his gaze, he stared fixedly at her. With a pause after every word, he said, "Do I have a bad temper?"

"Uh, um, eh! Don't blame me for saying it, but who wouldn't be afraid when they see your current expression?" Serena shuddered and pointed her fingers at his chilly face. She squeezed his handsome face with her smooth hands when she saw that he was in a trance. Coupled with some slight tugging and pulling, she managed to form an arch at the corner of his mouth.

Following which, she mumbled, "Indeed, you look more handsome when you smile!"

"..."

"I am serious! You look much better than that Scott when you smile!"

Serena did not speak in a loud voice and only the two of them could hear what she said. The people socializing with Ethan could not hear their conversation clearly; all they saw was his wife who had the audacity to pinch Ethan's face in the full view of the public.

All of them appreciated Serena in their hearts.

However, they realized that not a single hint of anger remained in Ethan's eyes when they lifted their heads up and looked at him. Instead, he allowed Serena to horse around in front of him as he looked on with a loving expression.

This was also coupled with the manners of a gentleman as well as an expression that said: "I have to dote on my girl!" Immediately, she was so stunned that not a single word could exit her mouth...

"Don't fool around. There are other people here as well." All of a sudden, Ethan spoke in a gentle tone and reached out to give her hair a light rub. It seemed like he was coaxing a child with his loving and pampering tone. Serena was initially worried that he would be pissed by her words, but instead, she was left dumbfounded when she heard what he said. Her entire body went numb; it was as if a surge of electricity had passed through every single organ in her body.

Ahhhh!

The gentle Ethan totally had the power to turn one's legs wobbly!

Just when Serena was about to praise him, a gentle and kind voice sounded from behind, "Long time no see, Young Master Ethan!"

"..."

Serena froze. Since she was standing in front of Ethan and facing him, she could not see the person behind her. However, she had the feeling that there were numerous gazes surrounding her, all of which were staring fixedly at her.

At this moment, while Serena was pondering if this voice belonged to Scott, Ethan's hand bypassed her body as he shook hands with someone. Following which, he opened his mouth and said in a casual tone, "Young Master Scott, you are being too modest."

Just when Serena heard this form of address and wanted to turn around, Ethan suddenly held her waist in his arms and pulled her into his embrace. Serena looked up in astonishment. Clenching her fist, she sent a punch at his chest.

"Ethan, what are you doing? Quickly let go of me!"

She had underwent great difficulty before she could finally take a close look at Scott. Why was he trying to create a disturbance?

Following which, Ethan stuck his thin lips close to her ears. With a magnetic voice, he opened his mouth slowly and said, "Serena, didn't anyone tell you not to pick up wild flowers from the roadside?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊