Chapter 4

"Okay, Got it. Give me the files related to this meeting plus the files of the projects, I will go through them and highlight some pointers to be considered important. You can leave now." I said going through the files on my table.

"I will sent those files over to you along with your coffee." Saying Liam left my office.

*

*

Love is all-consuming...

It's an amalgam of joy and sorrow. It holds the power to damage you or mend you which is equally frightening and yet tantalizing. It's addictive even if it burns your soul.

Love is like an untamed passion.

It's like a hushed but devastating hurricane. And yet you're inclined to bear the typhoon that it brews in your heart; repeating the cycle with the same words... Just one more chance... Just one more breath... Just one last time...

*Knock! Knock!*

Ethan lifted his eyes as a knock was heard and soon after, the door was pushed open, and in walked his grandfather whom he hadn't seen in over a week now. He respectfully stood up and came around to greet his grandfather.

"Grandfather" he called out softly with a charming smile on his face. "What a surprise? When did you come here and why didn't you even inform me?"

His grandfather, Mr. Alexander Anderson had a complex gaze directed towards his grandson before replying, "My one and only grandson hasn't been coming to meet me on the weekends. I thought I should pay him a visit myself."

As Ethan sat down with his grandfather in the sitting space, he showed an apologetic expression before saying, "Sorry! I had been busy with work."

Mr. Alexander Anderson hummed in understanding. How could he not know why his grandson hadn't been coming home? He knew very well how his grandson is just spending his all life in his work, working day and night, It is not just enough for his grandson to make the Anderson Group the best and the biggest conglomerate of the country, His grandson wants to make it the best in the whole world by working himself to death. 

"Did you have dinner?" Before Ethan  could make an excuse, he went on, "I knew it." He waved his hand and someone brought the dinner he had personally brought from home to eat with his grandson. "I know you have a habit of skipping food. So, I asked the kitchen staff to cook everything according to your liking and personally brought it here."

Ethan looked at the table full of a piping hot meal and the coldness on his face reduced a little. He would only show this softened expression to his family members. "You didn't have to."

Mr. Alexander shook his head and personally served the meal to his grandson saying, "If I don't do this, how else would I get to enjoy a meal with my only and lovely grandson?"

Ethan couldn't refute those words so he chose to silently eat the food before him. He hadn't eaten a home cooked meal in days since he practically lives in his company and rarely goes to his mansion.

Seeing his grandson eat with gusto, Mr. Alexander's eyes showed a gentleness. He still couldn't believe the change he had seen his grandson over the years. Even though his grandson grew up in an affluent family, he had always been a humble person. But he was arrogant when it came to his family. And he was also impulsive for this family, The family who never gave him the love and care of the parents a child should have.

He put all his time and energy into his career and became the strong and powerful person that he was today. But Mr. Alexander had seen how he had treated himself the harshest since his childhood...

Mr. Alexander's heart hurt seeing his grandson like this.

"Grandfather, why are you looking at me like this?" asked Ethan when he noticed how his grandfather's food was untouched. "Aren't you hungry?"

Mr. Alexander nodded his head and took a bite before saying, "You know, you don't have to work so hard."

Ethan pressed his thin lips, "I don't think I have anything else to do and It's fun as well, with my work and girls throwing themselves at me...My life is fun." He gave a bitter smile to his grandfather and continued to eat. How could he not see his grandfather's worries? It was very clear to him. Even though he possessed everything now, his heart still felt the bitterness and unwillingness to accept which welled up in dark and lonely nights.

Mr. Alexander took a moment to contemplate, "Child, I have something important to talk you." His grandfather said with a serious expression.

"What is it, Grandfather?" Ethan asked.

"Child, I found a perfect girl for your marriage and believe me, that girl is the best for you. She is not only the top notch beauty but also a successful entrepreneur. She is also loving and caring towards her employees and people. I decided on your marriage with her, You will marry, right?" His grandfather said seriously.

"Grandfather, you know that I can't be committed to these kind of things, Please spare me. I just like my life as it is now, with work and fun. Don't force me, Please." Ethan stated making a puppy face to his grandfather.

"So, are you saying that you will always fool around those different women and will never settle down, just like your father? Then what about our empire, who will handle it after you?! Are saying that you will never form a family?!" His grandfather said angrily with concern for his one and only grandson.

"But Grandfather, I don't want it and as far as who will handle the empire after me? We can use surrogacy for child." Ethan laid out his plan.

"What? Surrogacy?!..for how long? Tell me, are you going to drag your father's mistake define you for your whole life, tell me?" His grandfather asked sighing sadly remembering his dear son who died in drunk and drive accident, because of him, his grandson became like this.

"I am not doing this because of some past things, It's just I don't want to marry, that is it, please understand, Grandfather." Ethan stated looking at his grandfather who was sad after his declaration.

"No! This time, I don't want to understand. You are marrying this girl, It means you are marrying, If not, You will see my dead face!" Her grandfather announced sternly.

"Grandfather!!! Don't say things carelessly! You aren't going anywhere, you will never leave me, you will always stay with me." Ethan said anxiously giving side hug to his grandfather.

"So promise me that you will marry the girl I chose for you, Promise me, Child." His grandfather requested while patting Ethan's hand.

"I promise you, Okay, but you also promise me that you will never utter such words again." Ethan requested while hugging his grandfather tightly.

"I promise you. So you will marry the girl, right?" His grandfather asked to confirm again.

"I will, but my conditions are let the marriage happen directly, I don't need to meet the girl since I believe in your choice, I believe in you and your choices, Grandfather. So, are you happy now?" Ethan asked.

"I am very happy indeed. At least you agreed for marriage. Your marriage will be the best day of my life!" Mr. Alexander Anderson said happily while hugging his grandson.

"I really doesn't care about the marriage or the girl ... with this marriage at least my grandfather will be happy with this." Ethan thought.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊