Chapter 30

Serena did not hide her fascination and surprise. Ethan felt for the first time, a sense of accomplishment in his appearance. He walked up to her confidently and asked in an attractive voice, "Do you think that your husband is very handsome?"

Serena nodded. She looked at Ethan sincerely and said, "That's right, it's like you've got a special skill. Extremely! Handsome!"

Ethan caressed Serena's head with satisfaction. Just as he wanted to praise her for being obedient, she suddenly said seriously, "But you have to be more handsome to be worthy of me...the goddess!"

Then, she smiled proudly and ran out of the door. Ethan gritted his teeth.

Chit!

The pair quickly attracted the whole street's attention when they appeared outside. Liam was completely dumbstruck that the cigarette between his lips dropped to the floor.

No matter if it was Serena's appearance or the way she intimately held on to Ethan, it was all too unbelievable to this assistant.

Liam could totally not believe his eyes!

Clearly, when he always show his young madam wearing professional suits or casual office clothes. Now, when his boss brought her out, Young madam actually turned into a super sexy girl! Her figure was so perfect one could not bear to shift their eyes away.

"Liam!" Ethan narrowed his eyes with displeasure at his assistant.

Liam returned to his senses when he felt Ethan's intimidating aura and could not help but shiver in fear.

Inside, he cried without tears, Liam, ah, Liam. What were you staring at the boss's woman for? Are you tired of living? You know full well how much CEO cares for Miss Serena, so how can you still have the guts to look at her like that?

"Boss, Madame, please get in the car." Liam lowered his head and did not dare to take another glance at her as he respectfully ushered them in.

"Mhm," Ethan hummed in acknowledgment and scrutinized Liam. Inside, he was thinking, This assistant of mine seems to have a lot of free time recently...

Sensing his boss's gaze on him, a foreboding rose from Liam's heart.

After Ethan helped Serena into the car and got in himself, Liam sighed in relief and sprayed some mouth freshener into his mouth. He then took out another freshener and sprayed it on himself. He only got into the car once he was sure that he no longer smelled of cigarette.

The car quickly drove off to a restaurant located in a garden that only the rich and the wealthy in the capital knew of.

Serena, who was sitting beside Ethan and gazing at the passing scenery outside.  In such a strange atmosphere, the car reached the venue of the banquet. The grand and spectacular ball was held at the International Expo Center in London City.

The guests who attended the ball were all distinguished personalities in the financial industry. Before the ball commenced, there was already an array of luxury cars lined up outside the venue.

A long red carpet was laid out all the way to the entrance of the ball room.

Inside the venue, there were sparkling crystal chandeliers hanging from every corner of the ceiling. The entire place was lit up in shimmery splendor.

There was a champagne tower, a variety of rich red wines, and platters of hors d'oeuvres...

As the guests raised their glasses to toast each other, the mood at the ball became even livelier. During previous years, Ethan would have already arrived by this time. This year, he was still nowhere to be seen yet. Many people had their eyes glued to the doors of the ball room. At this moment, a limousine stopped subtly at the entrance.