Chapter 15

I escaped to the kitchen, simply to clean up a bit, as breakfast was already prepared.

In Ethan's home dining hall and living room were separated, holding my own meal I walked into the dining hall, where Ethan was slowly enjoying his takeout. To be honest, I was really not used to see a man eating that elegantly, people say that a man with a talent to sweep clean is really manly, is that true? Nevertheless, I had to admit, Ethan looked very pleasant while eating, for the first time in my life I discovered that men can also eat elegantly. Humph, doing everything so elegantly!

I sat at the table, glanced at the disposable spoons in Ethan's hands, said "Eighty percent of disposable spoon in our country do not meet the sanitary standards."

Ethan gave me a look of forbearance and tolerance and without saying anything continued to eat.

I looked at his meal, tried my best to pull out a sneer, said: "These vegetables probably were not even washed, you never know there still could be several germs in them....."

Ethan coldly stared at me, put down the spoon from the restaurant. Since I avenged for the last night my good mood soared, took the spoon and began to eat. I felt, that the rice I cooked was not hard to eat but in comparison to uncle Albert's cooking they still lagged several levels.

Just when I thought that Ethan had left off, he returned back to the dining area with home spoon in the hands. I was going to continue to nauseate him but had not even suspected that the spoon he was carrying would come directly towards my rice bowl.

I took the stance of 'mother hen protecting her chicks' covering the fried dishes with my hands, angrily said: "What are you doing?"

Ethan opened his lips and said: "Anyway, you are not going to eat it all."

I did not bother to hide the feeling of pride on my face, smiled and said: "what I cannot eat I will throw it in the trash can, you don't need to worry about the work."

Ethan peered through his eyelashes, said: "This plate is mine, as well as this bowl and spoons. The cooking gas and electricity with which you cooked the dish was also mine, so I also have right on this dish."

I turned my head away and argued back: "All marital properties are jointly owned by the married couple, what's yours is mine."

Ethan continued further: "Yes, you are also mine, so half of the rice cooked by you is also mine."

Me: "......."

Ethan did not wait for my reply; just like that brought his hand forward took my bowl and began to enjoy the fruits of my labor, as if it's perfectly justifiable.

I really was a fool, how could I let him lead me around by the nose!

After having breakfast, We both left to our respective company. The work passed  by as usual.

*

*

*

At night I was still the same person who tried to sleep but no matter what could not sleep, the more I wanted to sleep, the more my mind was awake. I lay in the bed, for the first time in my life felt that a man's life is not a worthwhile thing, because the brain structure is different from other animals so has to bear unnecessary torture!

I stood up from the bed, pulled out the laptop to redo some design drafts and to go through the proposals of different department for the upcoming clothing series. My sleeping problem is really quite serious, I have to do something about it before I go mad. I worked all night till the morning. 

In the morning, I turned off my laptop, after that I quickly washed up, put on some light makeup, and put on some professional but not too rigid clothes. On the contrary, my professional body-hugging clothes made my body look a bit sleeker, more capable, and had a hint of professionalism, after checking myself for the last time I went downstairs.

Due to the excitement of descending the stairs, I was feeling somewhat lightheaded and weak at the knees, then due to a little carelessness my foot tripped and my entire body collapsed forward...Oh shit...I am doomed!!!... Nooooo!!!

When I landed, I did not feel any pain, not since some nice man caught me but because I already had lost consciousness....

When I woke up, I heard a deep and raspy voice next to me talking to somebody else, so I did not open my eyes right away.

A man's melodious raspy voice rang out calmly: "Doctor, What has happened to her?" At the moment, Ethan who was holding my hand.

 Doctor explained from the side: "She has excessive fatigue and insufficient sleep. Ethan, child, I know that you two are newly married couple, and understand your excitement but, you should give a little break to Serena as well."

Ethan: "... .."

The two of them chatted for a while then the doctor left, at the same time he did not forget to remind Ethan to take good care of me. After doctor left, with my eyes shut tight I lay in bed mulling and confirming the fact, I continued to close my eyes and sleep.

Just as I was enjoying the fulfillment of my wish of sleeping, cold voice of Ethan suddenly came from above me: "since when were you pretending to sleep?" I opened my eyes, holding back my laughter, said: "How did you know I was feigning asleep?"

Ethan replied: "My hand was about to be broken by you."

I threw off his hand and argued: "Who told you to hold my hand."

Ethan rubbed his hand and said: "I just held your hand lightly then it was you who was not letting it go."

I refused to accept, glanced at him and quipped back: "you're a big man, how come your hand is not strong enough."

Ethan was not one to be outdone: "I had never seen a fatigued girl showing such great energy; you're reincarnation of King Kong, no wonder only you would dare to marry me."

Me: "......."
Okay, I admitted, bickering was never my forte.

Now, Ethan started tossing out his questions: "I still do not understand, clearly nothing was done but how could you make it look like something was done?"

I just looked down and recklessly said: "I can't sleep alone. I used to sleep with my pet, Coco, but she left this world three weeks ago."

Ethan froze for a moment, and then left the room without saying anything. I just threw daggers at him with my eyes, did not know what else to say.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊